Live from Encore TA

Single Cruiser

7 hours ago, Single Cruiser said:

I nearly forgot when I did the speedway tour earlier in the week didn’t post laser tag rules 

9B934E08-0CB8-4CFA-876C-2BFDBA26166C.jpeg

Any ideas what the laser tag hours are? Is the space open when games aren't going on? I was wondering if it would be a spot to let the kids run around and burn off some energy in February.

23 minutes ago, thatjoeguy said:

Any ideas what the laser tag hours are? Is the space open when games aren't going on? I was wondering if it would be a spot to let the kids run around and burn off some energy in February.

The space is cordoned off when not in use I’m afraid.  

The hours are published daily seems to be some daytime, some evening.  

Just now, Single Cruiser said:

The space is cordoned off when not in use I’m afraid.  

That's disappointing... was hoping for a wander around up there when it wasn't open for play. Oh well... 

17 hours ago, Single Cruiser said:

Will be interesting to see how the reviews are when full.  More gifts arriving by the hour to the cabin.   More bottles of wine , cheeses , 3rd lot of chocolate strawberries,  

BA5FD509-ED92-4FD6-BB96-51B8BD22C48D.jpeg

I think receiving the gifts is awesome!  Hope I get some when I am on the Encore in Feb...lol.

You are doing a great job in showing us the ship! We are staying in a balcony cabin when we go so appreciate the pictures.

It appears that the sea has settled down, very nice. Hope you are able to get out on deck for a bit. 😊

Edited by Cruisercl
added thoughts...lol

Just realised I didn’t post today’s daily.  Will do that when I get back to the cabin.   Last night was 80s night and drunk a bit more than normal I think 😂.

we also had last of our time changes so the ship is now on Eastern Standard Time ready for our arrival Sunday.

I sent off a bag of laundry today (plat Latitude rewards perk) so will see how they come back tomorrow.  

a nice hearty breakfast upstairs at Garden Cafe and then I’ve got my comfy spot on the Waterfront.

a slight chill in the air as we approach Titanic’s final resting place! 

3A726DE6-1BF9-42D4-8A2C-875B8E033C79.jpeg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Single Cruiser said:

i blame that 90min IPA at 9%!

I’ve blamed a few things on that as well.  

Happy belated birthday, my friend.  Because you hid this from me, I reserve the right to have Badger jump out of a cake for you.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

I’ve blamed a few things on that as well.  

Happy belated birthday, my friend.  Because you hid this from me, I reserve the right to have Badger jump out of a cake for you.

not belated .  Someone made it up.  It’s still days away 😂

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2019 at 7:45 PM, bluesea777 said:

One more photo ... 

2B2434BD-F974-4DC1-99B2-BC042F21372A.jpeg

Kinda looks like wiring and conduit fell out of the ceiling when they were considering a chandelier and NCL said ‘just keep it that way... we are done here... carry on” lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I’m not sure how NCL schedule ents but tonight (which is first night we haven’t had to turn clocks back a hour) they’ve put on extra ents.

🤷‍♂️

8PM comedy magician
8:15PM Guns and Rojas

10PM  levity stand-up in theatre 

but wait they are showing Avengers Endgame on the big screen in the Atrium at 10!

btw the official passenger count is just over 2000 guests so 50% capacity and they have an extra 60 engineers and MEYER WERFT supplied contractors onboard for any tweaking or fixing.  

• Like 3

So Thursday was a kind of recovery day.

Nice relaxing AM on the waterfront and then they opened up the water slides for a few brave souls and I took some pics and clips for a fellow passenger.

EE372BD1-7256-4023-9B80-6D8C18401E4E.thumb.jpeg.8400043896a89df3b852ed647fd61b13.jpeg

3E97041D-C242-4E82-A2DA-16CBB4F5ECC6.thumb.jpeg.390ea4d5df7f316c18041192ca4a9650.jpeg

As the Sun was setting flicked to the bow cam and caught the Sunset as we are heading due West.

69CCEF3B-9662-44C4-9353-46574DBC29C0.thumb.jpeg.126e002b2e7083315d5a97e7f23892a9.jpeg

The evening started as usual in the DBH and met @TheDougOut for a pint before his dinner.  He is very worried about spilling a drop of precious ale!  

AEF2BA30-9092-4318-BF26-888D017048C8.thumb.jpeg.4b6594faf532899b7303488b8b1de109.jpeg

and our great bar tender Yusuf swapping out the  empties!  

15B32CF7-6462-479D-89EC-72593CA933EF.thumb.jpeg.18ae538444113a5572b771b75437de0d.jpeg

The magician was really hyped up with all the reality show comments but tbh was pretty dull act.  Lots of card tricks (doesn’t work in big theatres unless you have a camera showing close ups),  escape from a strait jacket and then the levitating table that every act has to do! 
F1DB9476-2341-4DE0-A59C-9C89796FE84E.thumb.jpeg.adc1492df044fe62e727335af310b1df.jpeg

post theatre went back to the Cavern Club to see Guns n Rojas.  The lead singer has been ill and despite struggling through not as great as their first days.  

for some reason this cruise my body clock hasn’t caught up with the 5 consecutive days time changes and so I’m kinda on UK time so by the time 10PM (3AM UK) came around I headed back to the cabin and now up at 5AM! 

• Like 1

Joseph Roehm was one of the shows on the Breakaway this past September.  I didn't think he lived up to his video hype before the show.  His type of slight of hand magic is better suited to a small audience instead of a theater.  I felt like he was giving us his "B" game.

• Like 1

So 2/3rds through the cruise and time to start summarising.  So Encore is the last in her class and you’d expect better then predecessors.  
so first question.  Is Encore better than Bliss? 
For me it’s a clear NO!   The removal of Spice H2O was wrong and will cause congestion in summer months.  The cutting off of the public Sun deck and often quite bar on the upper forward deck further reduces “free” deck space and two public bars.

Extension of the track is just a gimmick you can’t tell if it overhangs when sat low in a seat!  And the combination of laser tag and speedway aft causes a lot of what I would say is “dead space”.  

the garbage chandelier well ... 

so what pluses +++ has to be choir of man and highlight act so far.  NB: Kinky Boots on tonight / tomorrow.

the ents scheduling has been poor imho.  Lots on when we don’t have the extra hour.   Why they insist on Jim Badger playing the same songs and telling the same jokes every night in the Brewhouse is beyond me.   Most ale drinkers aren’t going to drink all 50+ bottles and draughts in one or two nights.   You head back and he thinks you’ve come to see him again.   Eerm no we are for the ale! Think he would be more suited to sugarcane or even the Cavern Club on nights.

The staff are all great as usual.  Very rare do you find a crew member who’s off game despite hours they work.

prohibition just like on Bliss never came up

as available to book and was sold out day 1 it seems So still not seen it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Single Cruiser said:

So 2/3rds through the cruise and time to start summarising.  So Encore is the last in her class and you’d expect better then predecessors.  
so first question.  Is Encore better than Bliss? 
For me it’s a clear NO!   The removal of Spice H2O was wrong and will cause congestion in summer months.  The cutting off of the public Sun deck and often quite bar on the upper forward deck further reduces “free” deck space and two public bars.

Extension of the track is just a gimmick you can’t tell if it overhangs when sat low in a seat!  And the combination of laser tag and speedway aft causes a lot of what I would say is “dead space”.  

the garbage chandelier well ... 

so what pluses +++ has to be choir of man and highlight act so far.  NB: Kinky Boots on tonight / tomorrow.

the ents scheduling has been poor imho.  Lots on when we don’t have the extra hour.   Why they insist on Jim Badger playing the same songs and telling the same jokes every night in the Brewhouse is beyond me.   Most ale drinkers aren’t going to drink all 50+ bottles and draughts in one or two nights.   You head back and he thinks you’ve come to see him again.   Eerm no we are for the ale! Think he would be more suited to sugarcane or even the Cavern Club on nights.

The staff are all great as usual.  Very rare do you find a crew member who’s off game despite hours they work.

prohibition just like on Bliss never came up

as available to book and was sold out day 1 it seems So still not seen it.

Do you think they cut the public Sun Deck space in order to get people to pay for Vibe?