Live from Encore TA

Single Cruiser

12 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Still find it hard to pay for the American Diner when you can go to The Local for free.

I was thinking the same thing!  I can't see the American Diner being a hot spot...seems like a fail to me.

Just now, happy cruzer said:

Thanks for all the great pictures.  The ones of the arcade - is that the only arcade area?  Enjoy your cruise.  Did a TA in Oct and it was rough almost every day just one of those years.

That’s not the arcade but a mini part next to the local bar on deck 7.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rxlowry said:

I was thinking the same thing!  I can't see the American Diner being a hot spot...seems like a fail to me.

Just like Margaritaville was a bust on the Escape (and probably the other ships it's on). 

It was always empty on our sailing in July, 2018 and really the only thing it was good for was that it was an additional spot for breakfast that was free and with no crowd. I also was told they had great nachos.

I'd bet the Diner is a better idea and will attract more people than Margaritaville though.

Will find out on my January sailing of Encore!

• Like 1

Just now, bkrickles1 said:

Just like Margaritaville was a bust on the Escape (and probably the other ships it's on). 

It was always empty on our sailing in July, 2018 and really the only thing it was good for was that it was an additional spot for breakfast that was free and with no crowd. I also was told they had great nachos.

I'd bet the Diner is a better idea and will attract more people than Margaritaville though.

they really should make it like the great outdoors on Epic and complimentary!   I mean on here there is an outdoor seated area near Garden Cafe but you have to take food through lobby to get outside!  

Thank you SO much for sharing pictures and answering questions.  I'm new to this forum (and to NCL), so it's making me excited for my trip in December!

May I ask a question?  Have you seen mini-golf and the mini bowling lanes on this ship?  Thanks in advance!

Just now, floot said:

Thank you SO much for sharing pictures and answering questions.  I'm new to this forum (and to NCL), so it's making me excited for my trip in December!

May I ask a question?  Have you seen mini-golf and the mini bowling lanes on this ship?  Thanks in advance!

There is some mini bowling near the local but I’ve not seen any mini golf like they added to the Bliss 

• Like 3

I saw the other review say that this ship would not be a pick for a warm climate cruise. I am assuming that is due to deck space. Do you think there is ample deck space or do we need VIBE for sunny warm weather cruises??! enjoying your review.

18 minutes ago, KAYKAY121 said:

I saw the other review say that this ship would not be a pick for a warm climate cruise. I am assuming that is due to deck space. Do you think there is ample deck space or do we need VIBE for sunny warm weather cruises??! enjoying your review.

Without Spice H2O then there is definitely less deck space than others in the class.  Assuming Vibe is full I’d say yes in Caribbean would be busy on the main deck 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Great to see Clarense (cowboy) on board! Is Bong also on the ship?

I forgot Clarense was going to be on Encore and I thought someone mentioned that Bong was going to be in

Haven bar but don't remember. I cannot wait until I sail in August and hoping Chocolate Cowboy, Bong and Adrian will still be on and not on vacation. 

Thank you SO much for taking the time to post and for the pictures while you are on your vacation. I really appreciate it and love all the trival pictures as hairdryers, outlets, etc.  THANK YOU.

If you are taking requests, can you please find out if the rowers that are in with the spinning bikes can be used at any time? I only saw one rower in the regular gym area but someone else posted a bunch of them in the spinning room saying they would have rowing classes but if they can be used when class isn't in session, I wouldn't have to always feel stressed on my way to the gym hoping the one or two there are available since it's a big part of my workout.

Thanks so much!

7 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

On the first cruise of the Escape, when Margaritaville was a free to dine venue, there were 2 hour waits for lunch.  When they starting charging people on the second cruise then everybody lost interest.

Thanks for having us along for this voyage. We are booked for December 1st and 8th (because one week is just not long enough) and it’s great to get all this info from you and Doug. Hoping one of you post a pic of the Onda menu. 
Goddessocoffee posted on instagram a video of calmer seas. Hope it stays that way for you sailors. Enjoy!! 😀