Live from Encore TA

Single Cruiser

On 11/4/2019 at 8:51 AM, derek005 said:

Chocolate Cowboy getting down again. The best Bartender at sea!

I agree with that! Met him on the Escape in 2016. At the 5 oclock somewhere bar, which was outside and fabulous! Any chance we could find out how long he will be on the Encore?? I saw him on the BLISS in 2018, which is where he was told NO MORE HAT. I see that all of his pins are now on his tie, so sad. I am sailing on the Encore at the end of April and was hoping he would still be onboard.

4 hours ago, Deeliteful said:

I think it is still wrapped up. Maybe as it was the inaugural cruise across stormy seas they are waiting to unwrap by the end.

Maybe an unwrapping ceremony!

I agree, that is not the finished product.

I am glad to see (per the Freestyle Dailies) that NCL is continuing its custom of offering a beginner bridge lesson and an intermediate bridge lesson each sea day morning, plus a duplicate bridge game each sea day afternoon, on its transatlantic cruises.  I have always found these to be popular and enjoyable activities. 

Edited by FLAHAM

On 11/3/2019 at 6:49 PM, Single Cruiser said:

So the storms still with us.  Hopefully less than 24hrs until we emerge from the other side into what looks much calmer weather / seas.

quite a few people feeling ill due to the motion.  I find the rocking quite soothing and makes you want to shut your eyes and sleep.   Especially after a full stomach!

we had dinner in Q Texas smokehouse.  Menu is the same as on Bliss and latitude reward tokens allow starter, entree with one optional side and dessert.  Allow some of the portion sizes were reduced which is actually a good thing!

our waitress was great.

AD5F54FA-5F13-453C-A9F7-DF50C614B55F.jpeg

4F422C4D-676F-4E8E-BD9D-C311407168E8.jpeg

1FC09BB5-F720-45E2-B07E-B7B7A9CF2675.jpeg

831AD271-B150-4A95-A3CE-80940C54BAE0.jpeg

07659D89-12F4-4F5A-9854-56A6E09F2326.jpeg

Is Q ala carte?  Could we just get dessert?

• Like 1

So day 4 completed.  Christopher Caress did his hypnotist act as the theatre headline act after which we managed to sneak into the comedy night just started.

No one polices the door after the standby line is let in so you can just walk in and stand at the back which what many were doing!

Visit to the Brewhouse finished the day off. 

Klaus (who’s onboard ) had sent out a bottle of red and more chocolate strawberries to eat! 

day 5 dailies attached 

B623887D-433D-4A10-9067-5C36A16E80AC.jpeg

86DECBC1-89DB-4854-B9D9-216722468124.jpeg

0C3E21C2-CB58-440F-B3C4-E4C2BD923CC8.jpeg

C8BD2933-7DC3-47A0-BF85-D6D4632F782F.jpeg

61FA5E05-AAB9-4239-9053-90E20F2FA358.jpeg

• Like 4

So it’s Day 5 .  Can’t believe we are halfway through already.  In some respect it hasn’t felt like a “cruise” due to mainly being confined inside and lacking that connection to the sea.  Yet at the same time that’s provided the rock and roll.

After the hypnotist we snuck in to see the levity Comedian.   Since early in the cruise the comedy nights had been sold out, the same with prohibition the musical which I missed on Bliss as well.  The guy called Flip was really good when I understood the jokes.  The problem, as I’ve found on previous cruises with American Comedians is they do a lot of impro/ situation type jokes which require you to know the background story or the people involved which if you have never heard of them then well..

not sure if dehydrated or just everyone couped up in constant AC but lots starting to sniffle and sore throats.  It was good last night to have my balcony door ajar and get some fresh sea air in rather than forced ac 24/7.

crew were spotted last night Unstacking the  furniture on the waterfront which had been stacked and wrapped against the elements since Southampton.

• Like 2

I’m thinking that my room steward must be a double for a house Elf from Harry Potter.   Never introduced themselves (I say them as I don’t even know if it’s a he/she) and not seen them since.  Yet cabin magically gets done.

hardly seen a cart in the hallway either!  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, wildescapade said:

I agree with that! Met him on the Escape in 2016. At the 5 oclock somewhere bar, which was outside and fabulous! Any chance we could find out how long he will be on the Encore?? I saw him on the BLISS in 2018, which is where he was told NO MORE HAT. I see that all of his pins are now on his tie, so sad. I am sailing on the Encore at the end of April and was hoping he would still be onboard.

He is always on the new ships. It is sad that people complained about his hat. He is a great guy and top-notch bartender.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

That pool deck is a cramped disaster and that walking track on the upper deck will be unusable.

3 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

That pool deck is a cramped disaster and that walking track on the upper deck will be unusable.

I'm on the Dec 1 sailing...... may have to camp out overnight with  a blanket to  get some outdoor space. So disappointed in the lack of outdoor space without having to spend money for a chair!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barker16 said:

I'm on the Dec 1 sailing...... may have to camp out overnight with  a blanket to  get some outdoor space. So disappointed in the lack of outdoor space without having to spend money for a chair!

I am too. especially that the top deck space is gone. Guess I am going to be on a bar stool.

Edited by KAYKAY121