Oceania Club Membership Rewards

marylovestotravel

11 hours ago, sitraveler said:

No hat. No tote. Ambassador says only for milestone cruises.  Don’t need either, but I am perturbed.  2nd most nights on O this cruise 

I guess maybe they're putting the same value on the hat and tote as the free cruise. 😆

Not really an incentive for me to shoot for 40 as that is 17 away. 

46 minutes ago, Glenndale said:

Maybe I'm missing something but I cannot see any mention of included gratuities for Silver members.🤔

And what does VIP designation mean in terms of perks?

maybe the UK site  is different  but on the US site it is in the middle row in the light yellow box

image.thumb.png.571394d59f62124a7eb01100dd0dce43.png

23 minutes ago, ORV said:

I guess maybe they're putting the same value on the hat and tote as the free cruise. 😆

Not really an incentive for me to shoot for 40 as that is 17 away. 

the website  is not very consistent  with the O club  benefits 😀

Looks like when you click on the loyalty level anything in that  window is for that level  unlike the way it was before where you need to really look for the green check mark to see if that perk was included or not

52 minutes ago, Glenndale said:

Maybe I'm missing something but I cannot see any mention of included gratuities for Silver members.🤔

And what does VIP designation mean in terms of perks?

Here's the very current (upcoming December cruise) Blue Book picture of perks again. Clearly it says that Silver gets gratuities. 

IMG_1802.JPG

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Glenndale said:

No, I can’t 😕

This is from the link Lyn attached.

That looks like the old way it was posted

Try clearing your cookies /cache for Oceania site

I posted the new version  above

Thanks for posting screen grab Lyn, it is a lot more informative than the screen I can see.

No mention of wine on my screen either.

Presumably the VIP designation is the early embarkation but as Lou says probably not worth anything with so many 'VIPs'

29 minutes ago, Glenndale said:

I had clicked on Silver tab 😁

sorry I did see that after I posted then edited my post

it could be the old info is in your cache on your computer  & that is why you see the older format

If you know how to clear the cache in your browser  try that then try the link again

26 minutes ago, Senior Citizen said:

We just got off a B2B on the Insignia.  No free flights included with your free cruise.  Hats and bags on your milestone cruises.  $150 spa credits pp with the new spa company.

No included economy air tix ("cruise-only") for the milestone complimentary cruise is a very recent policy change: 

The awarded FREE CRUISE must be taken on the guest’s milestone cruise and is cruise-only, based on double occupancy, subject to availability at the time of booking, is not combinable with public promotions, excludes government taxes and fees and cannot exceed 14 days in length.

Of course, the old policy (like the new policy, no O Life perks) had a catch when it came to the then included economy air tix: You could not get an air credit (e.g., as SBC) instead if your plan was/is to DIY bizclass.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

12 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

No included economy air tix ("cruise-only") for the milestone complimentary cruise is a very recent policy change: 

The awarded FREE CRUISE must be taken on the guest’s milestone cruise and is cruise-only, based on double occupancy, subject to availability at the time of booking, is not combinable with public promotions, excludes government taxes and fees and cannot exceed 14 days in length.

Of course, the old policy (like the new policy, no O Life perks) had a catch when it came to the then included economy air tix: You could not get an air credit (e.g., as SBC) instead if your plan was/is to DIY bizclass.

Where are the T & C's coming from? I can't seem to find that on the website. 

Edit, never mind, I found it. 

Edited by ORV

4 minutes ago, ORV said:

Where are the T & C's coming from? I can't seem to find that on the website. 

Edit, never mind, I found it. 

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

"Cruise only" buried in "O Club Benefits" 

old milestone version included economy air but no option to take air credit as SBC. Ergo, useless if you're a DIY BizClass flyer.

Sorry if this is already answered above, or I'm hijacking the thread.  But I'm rushing today and  if possible would love to find out: 

With my upcoming Jan. 2020 cruise I turn silver.  I think I made my first payment on the cruise in Jan. or Feb. 2019. 2019These amenities are listed on my Oct. 8 (final payment) Guest Statement as:

U$200 Signature Collection Shipboard Credit

Internet +30% discount

Gratuities guests 1 & 2

U$125 Shipboard Credit

Member Cap & Tote bag 

Bottle of Wine

My husband has the same except no cap, tote bag, wine.

My questions are:

The "signature" perk is new to me. What is it?  Does this mean I get it only is if the Signature Collection of excursions, and that I can't use it to purchase an excursion here and there?  

What does the (possibly new, possibly coming later) tote bag look like?  Anyone have a picture?

Edited by roothy123

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

"Cruise only" buried in "O Club Benefits" 

old milestone version included economy air but no option to take air credit as SBC. Ergo, useless if you're a DIY BizClass flyer.

We did the add on Premium Economy on our Free cruise so it worked out good for us. 

Not that I need a hat or tote, but for those that don't have any and are just over 20 and are a long way from 40 perhaps they should give them a one time hat & tote. Others are eligible every five cruises, so if they keep cruising Oceania they'll get one. Not complaining, just observing. I don't use half the hats or totes I have anyway, it just seems to be the principle of it. 

4 hours ago, ORV said:

We did the add on Premium Economy on our Free cruise so it worked out good for us. 

Not that I need a hat or tote, but for those that don't have any and are just over 20 and are a long way from 40 perhaps they should give them a one time hat & tote. Others are eligible every five cruises, so if they keep cruising Oceania they'll get one. Not complaining, just observing. I don't use half the hats or totes I have anyway, it just seems to be the principle of it. 

Well, I don't have any Oceania hats OR totes; if anyone has any extras, feel free to send them my way!   

It's not a deal breaker to NOT get my hat and tote for reaching Silver Status, but I DO feel it's shabby when you promote something and then it turns out to be a sham.   We spent a lot of money for our next cruise; the least they can do is give us a free hat and bag!  My husband would actually wear a cap/hat (and not just while on the cruise) and I would actually use the tote after the cruise, so it would be good advertising for them.  Oceania is not as well known as you might think - they could probably use a little more advertising!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roothy123 said:

Sorry if this is already answered above, or I'm hijacking the thread.  But I'm rushing today and  if possible would love to find out: 

With my upcoming Jan. 2020 cruise I turn silver.  I think I made my first payment on the cruise in Jan. or Feb. 2019. 2019These amenities are listed on my Oct. 8 (final payment) Guest Statement as:

U$200 Signature Collection Shipboard Credit

Internet +30% discount

Gratuities guests 1 & 2

U$125 Shipboard Credit

Member Cap & Tote bag 

Bottle of Wine

My husband has the same except no cap, tote bag, wine.

My questions are:

The "signature" perk is new to me. What is it?  Does this mean I get it only is if the Signature Collection of excursions, and that I can't use it to purchase an excursion here and there?  

What does the (possibly new, possibly coming later) tote bag look like?  Anyone have a picture?

Oh, never mind.  I figured out that "signature collection shipboard credit" is credit given by my travel agent.  As for the member cap & tote bag, I guess I'll never see that....

33 minutes ago, roothy123 said:

Well, I don't have any Oceania hats OR totes; if anyone has any extras, feel free to send them my way!   

It's not a deal breaker to NOT get my hat and tote for reaching Silver Status, but I DO feel it's shabby when you promote something and then it turns out to be a sham.   We spent a lot of money for our next cruise; the least they can do is give us a free hat and bag!  My husband would actually wear a cap/hat (and not just while on the cruise) and I would actually use the tote after the cruise, so it would be good advertising for them.  Oceania is not as well known as you might think - they could probably use a little more advertising!

Have you taken a cruise  since Nov 1st ?

The new perks start with cruises after  November 1st 2019

The hat/tote/wine are per cabin

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Have you taken the cruise  since Nov 1st ?

The new perks start with cruises after  November 1st 2019

The hat/tote/wine are per cabin

No, our cruise is coming up.  But I thought someone mentioned the hats/totes were only for cruisers in a higher level than Silver.  But perhaps that person or persons had cruised before November 1, and I assumed that applied to my situation.  

Guess we'll get one hat and one tote - anyone know what the quality of the tote is?  Heavy or flimsy?  Years ago I went on a non-Oceania cruise and the tote bag the cruise line gave me was horrendous.  The whole cruise wasn't much better, but hey, it was a short Caribbean cruise, so who cares?  And is the "hat" a cap?  Will everything be in the room?

As for free gratuities in Silver, we've gotten those the past couple cruises as Silver Level cruisers - never a problem. 

8 hours ago, roothy123 said:

No, our cruise is coming up.  But I thought someone mentioned the hats/totes were only for cruisers in a higher level than Silver.  But perhaps that person or persons had cruised before November 1, and I assumed that applied to my situation.  

Guess we'll get one hat and one tote - anyone know what the quality of the tote is?  Heavy or flimsy?  Years ago I went on a non-Oceania cruise and the tote bag the cruise line gave me was horrendous.  The whole cruise wasn't much better, but hey, it was a short Caribbean cruise, so who cares?  And is the "hat" a cap?  Will everything be in the room?

As for free gratuities in Silver, we've gotten those the past couple cruises as Silver Level cruisers - never a problem. 

Your baseball style cap and wine will be in cabin. No idea about quality of tote bag but the concierge sale ones are decent quality if that helps.

It’s really hard for me to figure out how a tote/cap situation would be of any importance in the grand scheme of things. I personally have too many of different kinds - not Oceania, and won’t be upset at all if we don’t get more. Also don’t feel like flushing any company stuff.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, osandomir said:

It’s really hard for me to figure out how a tote/cap situation would be of any importance in the grand scheme of things. I personally have too many of different kinds - not Oceania, and won’t be upset at all if we don’t get more. Also don’t feel like flushing any company stuff.

I agree. I have so many caps and I give the tote bags away to friend or local charity shop. However we are all different....

6 hours ago, firsttimers68 said:

I agree. I have so many caps and I give the tote bags away to friend or local charity shop. However we are all different....

7 hours ago, osandomir said:

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, and seeing a freebie of tote and hat  on the list won't get me to book more cruises with Oceania.  However, I'm about to pack for a cruise with a lot of sea days, and hot weather days, and not having to pack my own tote bag is a small but good thing!  And my spouse never seems to have enough caps.