Cruise Line Formal Website

SCHappilyRetired

Hi everyone!  I have been trying for 3 days to order DH a tux for our NYE Princess Cruise on this site and it says "down for maintenance"  Decided to call them and after the recording, I keep getting disconnected.  Is this company still in business?  Any thoughts?  Thank you!!

6 minutes ago, SCHappilyRetired said:

Hi everyone!  I have been trying for 3 days to order DH a tux for our NYE Princess Cruise on this site and it says "down for maintenance"  Decided to call them and after the recording, I keep getting disconnected.  Is this company still in business?  Any thoughts?  Thank you!!

Depends where in SC you are but I know a guy that has a Formal Wear business and does specials for cruises...awesome stuff... he's in Myrtle Beach!

1 hour ago, SCHappilyRetired said:

I just tried the link for Cruise Line Formal Wear and got the same 'down for maintenance' message.  Did you try their e-mail?  custservice@cruiselineformal.com

• Like 2

I find it odd that if they were just "down for maintenance" that they wouldn't have any type of contact info listed on their website.  For what it's worth their phone number is 800-551-5091 or 305-252-8572. 

Edit:  I see you tried calling already so you can disregard (although I'll leave the number here in case other's wanted to try 🙂 )

Edited by SharkieRools

1 hour ago, denmarks said:

Many online sites are actually tailors in China. You are taking a chance. Even if they have an 800 number in the US it may get transferred to China. How do you get it tailored?

Cruiseline Formalwear is (was?) the formal wear rental company suggested by many cruise lines on their websites, including Princess, Carnival, Holland America, Disney, etc.  I believe they are based in Miami and if I recall tailors on the ships can make any last minute alterations and/or provide missing pieces as needed.  Never used them myself, but was cruising with a friend many years ago who did use their services.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SharkieRools said:

Cruiseline Formalwear is (was?) the formal wear rental company suggested by many cruise lines on their websites, including Princess, Carnival, Holland America, Disney, etc.  I believe they are based in Miami and if I recall tailors on the ships can make any last minute alterations and/or provide missing pieces as needed.  Never used them myself, but was cruising with a friend many years ago who did use their services.

I used them this past April on a Panama Canal Cruise out of LA.  I had to fly from Ft Lauderdale to LA and didn't want to lug a rented tux, shoes etc. on the plane.  Plus the airline would have charged me extra for the extra luggage.  I also liked the fact that you can get minor alterations on board.  The steward came and took the tux away the last night of the cruise.  VERY CONVENIENT.  I'd do it again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, msmoger said:

Looks like they went belly up, filed for Chapter 7 (liquidation) bankruptcy.

https://businessbankruptcies.com/cases/cruiseline-formalwear-inc

Somebody should tell Princess.  They still refer pax to their website on Dining & Nightlife FAQ page.  Sorry to see them go.  :classic_sad:

I just checked the bankruptcy website.  Princess Cruises and Carnival Corp are listed as creditors so they should be aware but they're still referring people to them.  Go figure...

Edited by Daniel A