BLUE CHIP CLUB / NO OBC

maggie.1008

I have been Elite for 10 years and Elite Plus for many. In the past I have received $200. OBC because of my Elite Plus and Platinum partnership with M Life. We do go to Vegas and stay at M life properties twice a year. I am only Platinum with M life because of my status with Celebrity. 

I looked at a invoice for my last X sailing and see that I did receive the $200. OBC. After several calls to X and M Life , X is now saying you can only have the OBC if you gambled to that level not through their partnership. I am disappointed as I have three cruises booked with X and was looking forward to the extra OBC. 

Anyone else applied and refused ? 

1 hour ago, maggie.1008 said:

relI have been Elite for 10 years and Elite Plus for many. In the past I have received $200. OBC because of my Elite Plus and Platinum partnership with M Life. We do go to Vegas and stay at M life properties twice a year. I am only Platinum with M life because of my status with Celebrity. 

I looked at a invoice for my last X sailing and see that I did receive the $200. OBC. After several calls to X and M Life , X is now saying you can only have the OBC if you gambled to that level not through their partnership. I am disappointed as I have three cruises booked with X and was looking forward to the extra OBC. 

Anyone else applied and refused ? 

I was very surprised to see your posting.  We also go to Vegas twice a year, and also are Platinum MLife only because of our Celebrity status, and also are Elite Plus  We have never, ever received any OBC on Celebrity related to that relationship.  Are you certain you didn't get the OBC based on the amount you gamble on the ship?  I am not a big gambler onboard as the odds are awful on the machines, which is my preferred game.

I just applied and received MLife Platnum status due to our CC status.  If you look at the rules on the Blue Chip site it states you don't get the OBC if your status is gained via the relationship.  Think about it, why wouldn't they just give the OBC due to the CC status if that was the case.

From the following site: https://www.mgmresorts.com/en/mlife-rewards-program/preferred-partners/royal-caribbean-and-celebrity-cruises.html

Royal Caribbean’s Crown & Anchor Society and Celebrity Cruises Captain’s Club members may receive a reciprocal M life Rewards membership tier by visiting the M life Rewards desk. Associated tier-level benefits are available at all M life Rewards destinations Nationwide. Crown & Anchor Society and Captain’s Club members that received their M life Rewards tier status through our partnership Tier Match program are not eligible to receive onboard M life Rewards benefits.

• 2 weeks later...

This is interesting.  I am Mlife Platinum through Mlife and always get $200 OBC for every RC and Celebrity cruise I book, I just thought it was automatic once they have your Mlife number. Makes sense that you wouldn't get the additional perks if you gain status through the relationship, but I wonder how they know that. I guess it's tracked somewhere?  Maybe not tracked very well since experiences seem to differ.  Might be worth another call, just in case.

On 11/14/2019 at 6:00 PM, bjdstt247 said:

Late post but I also earned gold through Mlife by cruising only and I have no issues each time I sail to received the $125 OBC. I call the number and the rep gives my account the money. 

Can you clarify what number you called please. I sail Celebrity a lot and would love to get this credit if it's available

1 minute ago, phoenix_dream said:

Can you clarify what number you called please. I sail Celebrity a lot and would love to get this credit if it's available

Sure thing, I followed the directions on their site which I linked below.... Note it says cant be used on status by relationship but My Mlife is gold due to Celebrity Select membership and I have never gambled there. My account shows 0 tier credits earned/spent. 

https://www.mgmresorts.com/en/mlife-rewards-program/preferred-partners/royal-caribbean-and-celebrity-cruises.html

This last time, the representative said the usual code wasn't working for her but she was still able to do it for me. It was on my cruise account the same day. I guess it's all about who you get in touch with. Some just follow the book to the "t" and others will be happy to add the extra OBC to your account.

4 hours ago, jc719 said:

if both people in the room are MLife Gold (or higher) do each get the OBC or is it per stateroom?

Rep said the OBC is per mlife card so it’s per person. If I went with my friend who is a Platinum, they get $200 and I would get $125 for my gold.