Mr. Sanchos Cozumel with kids

bobbyandali

We will be in Cozumel the Monday of Thanksgiving week, on Carnival Valor. Has anyone ever gone with their kids to Mr. Sanchos? I know they have the extra area with water trampolines and such. We have 2 daughters, 8 and 11. Both like pools and beaches and my youngest might like the trampoline area. 

We went over the summer (wife and I) and it was a loud, drunk place to be. But there were 5 boats in town and it was the week of July 4th. When we go, there will be 3 boats there (us, Carnival Breeze, and Disney Fantasy) so wondering if fewer boats (one being Disney) and being in November instead of summer might make for a calmer crowd. 

Thanks for any help you can provide. 

2 minutes ago, bobbyandali said:

We will be in Cozumel the Monday of Thanksgiving week, on Carnival Valor.

Since your cruise is when most schools are on break, there will be a lot of kids like yours running around. Shorter holiday cruises tend to attract a rowdier crowd. 

4 minutes ago, bobbyandali said:

(us, Carnival Breeze, and Disney Fantasy) so wondering if fewer boats (one being Disney)

Here is your problem. Carnival Breeze and Disney Fantasy will have A LOT of families on vacation. Had you mentioned a Celebrity or Princess ship, I would think differently. 

18 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Since your cruise is when most schools are on break, there will be a lot of kids like yours running around. Shorter holiday cruises tend to attract a rowdier crowd. 

Here is your problem. Carnival Breeze and Disney Fantasy will have A LOT of families on vacation. Had you mentioned a Celebrity or Princess ship, I would think differently. 

Right, so my question is... if we have kids, and those boats have a lot of kids, and they all go to Sanchos, how is it? 

I'm not worried about their being a bunch of kids at Sanchos if my kids are there and having fun. I'm more concerned about drunken issues at Sanchos... and maybe if it's more families that won't be an issue? 

We visited there several years ago with our child when our child was 7 during the 4th of July week. We were concerned there might be a lot of inappropriate but we had other friends going who invited us (and paid) so we went. I was surprise that it was quite tame. Although one lady from our cruise ship had to be carried to a cab. 

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

Howdy @bobbyandali !  emo22.gif 

Thank you for your thread on the Carnival Cruise Lines forum! 👍

However, since your thread is regarding a specific port, I have moved your thread to the Ports of Call - Caribbean - Cozumel forum where it will be on topic. Now that you are on this forum, please browse through the other threads looking for those related to Mr. Sanchos. You'll find your fellow Cruise Critic members have probably already posted questions and received answers that will help you. You may also want to browse the Family Cruises forum for information from your fellow Cruise Critic members that have been to Mr. Sanchos with their children.

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

15 hours ago, bobbyandali said:

We will be in Cozumel the Monday of Thanksgiving week, on Carnival Valor. Has anyone ever gone with their kids to Mr. Sanchos? I know they have the extra area with water trampolines and such. We have 2 daughters, 8 and 11. Both like pools and beaches and my youngest might like the trampoline area. 

We went over the summer (wife and I) and it was a loud, drunk place to be. But there were 5 boats in town and it was the week of July 4th. When we go, there will be 3 boats there (us, Carnival Breeze, and Disney Fantasy) so wondering if fewer boats (one being Disney) and being in November instead of summer might make for a calmer crowd. 

Thanks for any help you can provide. 

If the trampoline area is only a marginal interest for one of your girls, I'd suggest checking out Nachi Cocom. I have two daughters too, and we've been to both places with them. They aren't big on the water toys and they love Nachi Cocom so much more. The food, drinks and laid-back atmosphere is so much nicer than Sancho's. My girls love being able to get all the strawberry smoothies they can drink at Nachi Cocom. The one time we went to Sancho's, they said they were gross there and wouldn't drink them. And, to be fair, all the drinks were made with a really weird brand of mixers that gave everything an odd artificial flavor.

Instead of Sanchos you might consider Paradise Beach - they offer both an AI option or pay as you go ($3 admission, $10 minimum per person in food/drinks)  Better facilities, HUGE pool, nice beach, water toys (extra fee, just like at Sanchos), and IMHO the food/drinks/service there are better (love that taco truck!).  Cab fare should be the same -- you can see Sanchos from the shore at PB.  Check out the reviews -- PB is typically not as rowdy and offers more of a quieter, family atmosphere, especialy around the pool.  Your call! 

Have a great cruise - please come back with a post cruise review. 

• Like 1

Another vote for Paradise Beach.  Here's my review of it from March 2019 that included my husband & sons (9&12):

In Cozumel we took a taxi to Paradise Beach (PB) ($15 each way).  PB does offer an all inclusive rate now that they tried to sell us but I had researched a head of time and knew that with the kids we were not going to eat & drink enough to cover that price ($63/adult, $44/12-17 yr old, $38/5-11 yr old).  Instead I paid the $3/person cover charge and $10 food/beverage minimum.  We also paid the $18/person charge for the fun pass (ocean waterpark, kayaks, etc.)  The kids and hubby had a blast in the water park, esp. launching each other off the one jump inflatable.  Tip…have someone hold the inflatable while the other person gets on so it doesn’t tip over!  We watched many people struggle before my husband helped them out.  We really liked how these water toys had pads next to them to made getting on them much easier.  There was a worker who would go out to check the air in them & kick people out who didn’t purchase the wristbands.  I had hoped to use the kayaks too, but the wind picked up & I wasn’t comfortable trying them so be prepared for that.  We also used the pool after we had had our fill of ocean water & loved the gigantic size of it.  Chairs were readily available by both the beach & the pool.  Banana boat rides & parasailing were also available although we didn’t try them.  When we were ready to go back to the ship plenty of taxis were available.  I’d definitely return to PB again!