Can you upgrade from classic to premium online?

Mike981

I just can't figure out the search function here. I try to do it like Google, but no luck. Chances are it's operator error.

Is there a way to upgrade from classic to premium online? And when people mention discounts being offered to do this, how do they know? In their cruise planner or emails?

Thank you for your help.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike981 said:

I just can't figure out the search function here. I try to do it like Google, but no luck. Chances are it's operator error.

Is there a way to upgrade from classic to premium online? And when people mention discounts being offered to do this, how do they know? In their cruise planner or emails?

Thank you for your help.

Yes you can do in your Cruise Planner, the upgrade will be available  2 or 3 weeks before sailing date

14 hours ago, Mike981 said:

Thank you for your help.

Mike,

I am not sure about the upgrade question but you are not crazy the search on CC is not very good to be polite.  What kills me is when people throw out there "use the search."   It leaves me baffled whenever I see that advice.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nymich said:

Mike,

I am not sure about the upgrade question but you are not crazy the search on CC is not very good to be polite.  What kills me is when people throw out there "use the search."   It leaves me baffled whenever I see that advice.

Agreed! It is extra challenging on a phone. I have yet to figure out how to do the “this forum only” filter on the phone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ericosmith said:

Or call the Captains Club and have them post your drink package to your account.  After that you will see the upgrade options in your cruise planner.

Though if you are calling to have them add it to your account, you might as well just upgrade with them on the phone, right?

• Like 1

I’ve always waited until I’m onboard. It’s the same price and the crew get the gratuity instead of it all going to the company. Pick a bar tenderer you like at your favourite bar a to do the upgrade with and you will be looked after for the rest of the trip. 

• Like 2

Thank you for your replies.

I just remembered someone saying that it can be better to use, site:boards.cruisecritic.com on google. You put site:boards.cruisecritic.com in the search box followed by a space and then type in what you are searching for. If you are looking for the most recent (or any specific time frame) you can click on "Tools" (lower right under the search box) and pick an option or customize your time frame.

For example if I want to look up drink prices, this is what turns up if I search drink prices Celebrity.

7 hours ago, Rozza1980 said:

I’ve always waited until I’m onboard. It’s the same price and the crew get the gratuity instead of it all going to the company. Pick a bar tenderer you like at your favourite bar a to do the upgrade with and you will be looked after for the rest of the trip. 

This, exactly this.