How Does MDR Dining Work On Edge?

helen haywood

I’m looking at a last minute cruise on Edge.  Select isn’t available.  If I pick Early Seating where do we dine?  Reading the Celebrity website it says there are four MDRs and we would be assigned one.  Would we be able to try the others?  I haven’t done too much research on Edge because, quite frankly, we love the S Class and Edge seems to have changed so many things we love...I wasn’t sure we’d ever sail her.  But good friends booked and we enjoy cruising with them...

Thanks for any help!  

Some people have gotten Select after being added to the Wait List, so it is worth a shot. If you had Early Dining, you would be assigned one of the 4 MDRs as your nightly place to dine with same table and waiter - your assignment will be in your cabin when you board. It sounds like many have been able to try the other MDRs, if there is availability and some have reported getting the special dishes from other MDRs in their assigned restaurant.

I would start by looking this over and see if you have any questions. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

Thanks, VT.  I’ve read what you’ve posted about Edge as I am a loyal Celebrity cruiser (and Elite+.)  Up to this point it’s just been idle curiosity as I didn’t see our cruising on this class...but obviously never say never!

I have called Captains Club before when booking a B2B and couldn’t get Select on the second leg and they were very helpful...I’ll try that if I pull the lever.

Edited by helen haywood

5 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Thanks, VT.  I’ve read what you’ve posted about Edge as I am a loyal Celebrity cruiser (and Elite+.)  Up to this point it’s just been idle curiosity as I didn’t see our cruising on this class...but obviously never say never!

I have called Captains Club before when booking a B2B and couldn’t get Select on the second leg and they were very helpful...I’ll try that if I pull the lever.

The Edge is unlike the other Celebrity ships, but with most of basics we like about Celebrity (great food and service, friendly staff, etc.). Though we love the S Class, it has been fun to try something very different. 🙂

2 hours ago, nextariel said:

Which restaurant has the most comfortable seats and is the quietest?

Good question! You could try asking Georgia Peach on her thread - she is on the Edge right now and I think has eaten in all the MDRs by now.

11 hours ago, nextariel said:

Which restaurant has the most comfortable seats and is the quietest?

Wouldn’t “quietest” potentially vary from week to week - and even night to night - depending on the people cruising that week/dining at that time?

Seems that aspect of the question is like requesting a “quiet” room at a hotel where a room/area could have been occupied by a quiet couple or group one night but have a screaming baby in it the next.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

Agree...many variables.

They have  diff layouts and partitioned areas, and I think Cosmo may be larger????

We had a  lunch and breakfast  there...some spots are quieter than others!

We thought Tuscan was cozy,,,but that was Elite breakfadt hour,,..very uncrowded,