Almost Perfect Vista Cruise Oct 19-26 (with pic and dailies)

pamici

1 hour ago, figmentfreak said:

Just be aware that Cucina is directly below the basketball court, which is open during lunch hours.  I love Cucina at lunch, but sometimes the loud bouncing of balls can be a bit annoying.  Last cruise in December on Vista we got lunch to go from Cucina and enjoyed it by the aft pool.

Oh, that's a nice option - thank you!

21 hours ago, tandemcruzr said:

Steakhouse is NOT available for lunch. However, they are sometimes open for a sample preview of some of their dishes which could well be considered as a lunch. Spaces are limited and only available on Day 1.

It's usually listed in the Fun Times as "Cooking Demonstration." The chefs demonstrate the dishes they are serving and the servers give out sample-sized portions. When we've done it, there have been four samples and they've been enough for a meal.

Last year on Horizon they had a cooking demonstration at Bonsai Sushi. That was a good time as well.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 11:12 PM, familyoutdoors said:

Can you please tell me more about your full face snorkel mask? I've been debating whether to get one. I would love a mini review, or at least which one you opted for!

Hi there,

This is one of the few items I didn't get on Amazon, but I did find a link to the exact one we used:

https://www.amazon.com/Greatever-Panoramic-Snorkeling-Breathing-Anti-Leak/dp/B07PRHCS1Q/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=full+face+snorkel+mask+adult+greatever&qid=1573853437&sr=8-4

If you go to EECC Travels on YouTube, they gave a good review on theirs. I'm not sure if it's the same brand, but it worked exactly the same. Their family is very active and funny and her reviews blow away anything I might be able to tell you. Look for their Vista review playlist.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NotTooCritical said:

Hello. Other than the buffet and Guys, what food locations were available upon embarkation? Thanks!

There are always threads asking this. Here is an answer from a recent one regarding the Breeze, and most everything is similar but there is no Tandoor on Vista. It is Seafood Shack.

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2019 at 7:12 PM, familyoutdoors said:

Can you please tell me more about your full face snorkel mask? I've been debating whether to get one. I would love a mini review, or at least which one you opted for!

Tour groups here in Hawaii have banned full face snorkel masks. There has been a rash of drownings attributed to the use of those masks. You're a lot better off going with a traditional set-up.

On 11/20/2019 at 8:00 AM, bptex said:

Did you visit the Imax theater? I see Joker on the list and it came out a couple of weeks before you cruised, I'm really hoping The Rise of Skywalker makes it to the Vista on launch date. 

Sadly, no. We had planned that for the last sea day. Rise of Skywalker would be fantastic in Imax!

On 11/20/2019 at 10:40 AM, NotTooCritical said:

Hello. Other than the buffet and Guys, what food locations were available upon embarkation? Thanks!

The easy answer is pretty much everything on the Lido deck and the Cucina Del Capitano on deck 11 but it's pasta only for lunch. The schedule posted shows Guy's Pig and Anchor but in my experience it's usually only open on sea days, could be wrong though since I've never been on the Vista. 

9 minutes ago, bptex said:

The easy answer is pretty much everything on the Lido deck and the Cucina Del Capitano on deck 11 but it's pasta only for lunch. The schedule posted shows Guy's Pig and Anchor but in my experience it's usually only open on sea days, could be wrong though since I've never been on the Vista. 

Yes, Pig and Anchor is open on embarkation on Vista. Did it two months ago.