Question Re: $14 drink "fee"

Mapomp

Sorry, I didn't pay attention when this all came about a while ago, since I had already booked w/basic alcohol pkg.  Now that I have the four perks included, can someone tell me if this affects me? Is it an extra charge per day? Do I get grandfathered in since I booked a year ago (though just upgraded)?  Anything else I need to know?

Thanks,

Mar

The $14 pppd charge is applicable to new booking made after October 10, 2019 where the beverage package was chosen as a perk. In that case the charge will be applied to the cost of the cruise (not charged to your account once onboard). BTW some TA's are offering to pick up that extra charge.

2 hours ago, micheleata said:

If you upgraded with the Veterans Day sale the extra charge does not apply.

Thank you so much for answering this question! Where did you find this info originally? Just curious, as I upgraded with the Veteran's Day sale myself! 

5 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

The $14 pppd charge is applicable to new booking made after October 10, 2019 where the beverage package was chosen as a perk. In that case the charge will be applied to the cost of the cruise (not charged to your account once onboard). BTW some TA's are offering to pick up that extra charge.

Man I wish we were allowed to share TA info. 

24 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I don't want to get us both in trouble and won't and can't name or hint. Some research should find it. It's one of the big cruise online TAs and they sometimes sponser the Cruise Critic weekly emails.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

When you go on a cruise, ask other cruise critic passengers how they book cruises.  Also, if you are sharing information on your roll calls, just ask someone in an email.  Do what you need to do to stay within Cruise Critic rules, but definitely find the websites, the TAs who have group bookings, and large volume TAs.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, FlyingAnchor said:

Thank you so much for answering this question! Where did you find this info originally? Just curious, as I upgraded with the Veteran's Day sale myself! 

I asked a Celebrity  agent,   and then I asked my TA before I finalized everything.   Both said the extra charge did not apply.  I received all the paperwork and price is exactly what we had discussed.

58 minutes ago, micheleata said:

I asked a Celebrity  agent,   and then I asked my TA before I finalized everything.   Both said the extra charge did not apply.  I received all the paperwork and price is exactly what we had discussed.

It could be that your TA is one that's absorbing the charge or you booked a suite perhaps?

9 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

It could be that your TA is one that's absorbing the charge or you booked a suite perhaps?

Copied from the 'chat' with the reservations agent from Celebrity.   And then when I asked my TA, she said the new charge did not apply to this sale.    E4 Infinite Veranda room, 10 % obstructed.

Also, is there the new extra charge on the drink package I have read about?

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fv2.zopim.com%2Fwidget%2Fimages%2Favatar_simple_visitor.png&t=1573743328&ymreqid=c54be8c2-8ae9-f460-2f7f-67007e010000&sig=0voLzQR1Y03a2WL6XUL77w--~C
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fv2assets.zopim.io%2F4QzGNFUjvEpYMXGQC5RBj6IOb1frCj23-concierge%3F1481661846565&t=1573743328&ymreqid=c54be8c2-8ae9-f460-2f7f-67007e010000&sig=6YjptukG3S3dl9m.gV.5Jw--~C
Steven
You actually get a total of $500 of on board credit and there is no extra charge on the beverage package.

Edited by micheleata