DEAL ALERT!! November 23 and 24 departures: 7 nights balcony $399.00

BermudaBound2014

For those that are looking for a US Thanksgiving cruise (which is normally MUCH more expensive due to the American Holiday), these are some of the cheapest holiday cruise prices I've seen.

These prices are before discounts. Most travel agents are offering 10% in the form of OBC. Plus MSC discounts for Voyager/ Military/civil/etc.. Add to that any loyality OBC from your agent (which you should have if you are a frequent cruiser).  You can sail for 7 nights in a Fantastica balcony for  less than $300 pp (plus port and taxes) over a US HOLIDAY week!! Of course, you aren't going to Ocean Cay (even though that is listed as a port), so no fair complaining about that missed stop.

NOW: If MSC is also offering $100 obc and 20% off a future cruise (based on cruise-only current sailing) it's like cruising for free!!  Seriously, making Thanksgiving dinner will cost about the same as going on a 7 day cruise. Take the whole family!! I absolutely can not wait until I'm retired so that I can take advantage of these sale prices, but for those that can travel, this is a GREAT deal. TONS of availability also, so the sailings either aren't popular or people are cancelling due to Ocean Cay. If you are booked on a cruise for these dates, it might be worth paying the penalty to cancel and rebook. 

Best of luck!! I sure hope someone can benefit from this post. 

image.png.caa233281a839a97e36afd8c07c6d4fc.png

image.thumb.png.4b4fac4833b28a8c895fbafbb5a94689.png

Edited to add....... December dates are even cheaper!! 7 nights Fantastica balcony is listed at $339 before discounts for dates up to the holiday sailings. Various YC sailings in December are als0 being offered less than 1,800 pp per week for a balcony (interiors weren't available on the dates I checked).

Oh to dream.....

image.thumb.png.b0d56641e61110f2287a53577f52a6b7.png

Edited by BermudaBound2014

8 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

I'm getting off Insignia on the 23rd, could walk across (figuratively speaking) Dodge Island and board Seaside...But there are those at home who want a Thanksgiving dinner...EM

Do it and leave some nice things in the freezer! 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, citizenfrank said:

Do it and leave some nice things in the freezer! 😉

HAHAHA........ seriously, just take them all!! :).

The Yacht club looks like a very nice deal with discounts

$1,800 YC pp balcony

-    180 (refundable OBC offered by most agencies)

-    180 (civil/military discount or  $90 voyager discount)

-     100 (refundable OBC assuming MSC is still offering that)

= 1,340 pp  (plus tax of course)

-      360  (20% future cruise credit if still offered).

= $980.00 pp for balcony yacht club (assuming you are going to sail on MSC again anyway).

Go grab the deals people!! 

6 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Are you in the USA? If so, those prices can be found on all the big name sites 

yes, I am. But the MSC site doesn't list it for this price. It's hard to believe that travel agencies would sell it for pretty much half off.

When you check E-a site, it says balconies are available at $499, but when you click on it, NONE of the balcony rates are available. Sold out.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

I am seeing these prices to and it's nuts how cheap the fare is. I would search online and then call travel agents to sweeten the deal with OBC and past cruiser discounts. Make sure to get the Fantastica package which will have better room selections.

• Like 1

Great prices. I just saw on MSC’s website that the Seaside is sailing a 28 night TA and moving to Europe in March 2021. Had not seen that until today. Not sure if a ship if another ship is replacing the Seaside as I did not see anything. Wonder if this is for dry dock which the ship will only have been in service for four years or can they get higher rates in Europe?

I booked a YC balcony  cabin on Seaside last week for the 11/23 departure. Rates were still high IMO... but we had such a great time on our YC 3/2018 cruise...I  couldnt pass up. The Voyager member discount is also a nice sweetner.

9 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Great prices. I just saw on MSC’s website that the Seaside is sailing a 28 night TA and moving to Europe in March 2021. Had not seen that until today. Not sure if a ship if another ship is replacing the Seaside as I did not see anything. Wonder if this is for dry dock which the ship will only have been in service for four years or can they get higher rates in Europe?

I read it’s for the mandatory dry dock, but I have no official word (hearsay social media). It makes sense to head to Europe for the summer as the demand is much higher there than Miami. 3 ships sailing from Miami in the summer is going to be hard to fill imo.

3 hours ago, faiz23 said:

I am seeing these prices to and it's nuts how cheap the fare is. I would search online and then call travel agents to sweeten the deal with OBC and past cruiser discounts. Make sure to get the Fantastica package which will have better room selections.

I wouldn’t count on too much, they sweeten the deal using part of their commission. The lower the price, the lower the commission.

14 hours ago, lcpagejr said:

For Thanksgiving week.....Seaside is sold out...Appears to be plenty of room on MSC Meraviglia....YC is only inside

You are correct. As of this morning Seaside is off the search engine, but that doesn't mean it's sold out just yet. MSC will often pull a ship if there was a rush of activity (like a flash sale) and give themselves time to settle room changes and then the ship will reappear. Not sure if that will happen with Seaside for thanksgiving, because those were truly great thanksgiving prices. My friend booked a seaside fantastica for Thanksgiving week yesterday and said by the time all the perks were added in she was paying less than $1,000 for BOTH people for the week (including insurance, taxes, etc...). Her balcony room is mid ship on the 11th floor. She is thrilled. 

There is now mera YC interior available for Thanksgiving week. I suspect it's from someone being upgraded because it wasn't there yesterday morning. If you are ok with an inside room, this YIN is a nice deal considering it's Thanksgiving week. 

-  150 (10% incentive from TA)

= 1,400. With other possibilities for discounts

- 150 (10% military/civil or $75 voyager)

- 100 (if MSC still offers refundable OBC for this week)

- 300 (20% to be applied to future cruise if you planned on cruising MSC again)

= $850 pp (plus taxes).

image.thumb.png.5e4c4c5b4a20f2d06df1181e32ea334d.png