Poster signature lines do NOT appear via digital devices

As a long time CC user who was very happy with the previous interface, I’d like to know (a) WHY signature lines now do not appear at the bottom of roll call posts accessed via  iPhone and other digital devices, as noted in roll calls in which private tour organizers say “click on my email in my signature lines,” to which a variety of interested roll call members reply that they cannot see any signature lines—and (b) HOW to find everything able to view them...??? (I have already tried clicking on the poster’s name, which merely takes you to the profile.)

Thanks!

Edited by DrFUN
Typo

8 hours ago, DrFUN said:

As a long time CC user who was very happy with the previous interface, I’d like to know (a) WHY signature lines now do not appear at the bottom of roll call posts accessed via  iPhone and other digital devices

While you are correct that signatures can't be seen on phones (at least not on iPhones, I can't speak for Droids but I think the same is true for them), they can be seen on "other digital devices."  I can see them on my iPad, for example, and they can be seen on laptops.  (BTW, the prior interface was replaced more than a year ago.)

8 hours ago, DrFUN said:

HOW to find everything able to view them...??? (I have already tried clicking on the poster’s name, which merely takes you to the profile.)

To see other members' signatures, a CC member must enable "View signatures?" in her own Account Settings.  Click on Account Settings, and then in the left column, click on "Signature."   In the middle of the next screen, be sure that "View signatures?" is turned on. 

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

While you are correct that signatures can't be seen on phones (at least not on iPhones, I can't speak for Droids but I think the same is true for them), they can be seen on "other digital devices."  I can see them on my iPad, for example, and they can be seen on laptops.  (BTW, the prior interface was replaced more than a year ago.)

Android is similar. On my Android phone signatures do not appear. They do appear on my Android tablet.

Thanks a million, dear Turtle06 and broberts, for your thoughtful and thorough explanations!

As you advised, I checked my account—and saw that I already have “view other signatures” active, but which I now also realize only works on my iPad and iMac. 

Actually, in the year since the change (about which I contributed my two cents’ worth of suggestions to our hosts and privately whined quite a bit), I myself haven’t needed to check signatures via my iPhone.

However, some folks on one of my current roll calls have been desperate to find out how to see the email address in signature lines of private tour organizers—so I just wanted to be helpful, as I have learned so much over the years from the helpful input of countless posters on these boards. 

I will now share your very helpful info with inquirers on my roll call(s).

Appreciatively,

Mary-Lou 

14 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

If you have the larger screen size iPhone  like an XS Max or iPhone 11 Pro that you can turn horizontal the siganture will show. 

87895FAD-E6AC-40AD-A77C-792ABB30ADEC.jpeg

Edited by Charles4515

22 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

If you have the larger screen size iPhone  like an XS Max or iPhone 11 Pro that you can turn horizontal the siganture will show. 

Thanks for posting that info.   Interestingly, I was just in an Apple store yesterday, playing around with the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro.  I was surprised that the 11 Pro is *smaller* than the 11; it's the same size as my iPhone 8.  The iPhone 11 is quite large by comparison.  (Are you sure you mean the 11 Pro and not the 11 in terms of seeing signatures?)

Edited by Turtles06

3 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Thanks for posting that info.   Interestingly, I was just in an Apple store yesterday, playing around with the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro.  I was surprised that the 11 Pro is *smaller* than the 11; it's the same size as my iPhone 8.  The iPhone 11 is quite large by comparison.  (Are you sure you mean the 11 Pro and not the 11 in terms of seeing signatures?)

I meant the 11 Pro Max. The 6.5 inch screen. The naming scheme is confusing. The smaller 11 Pro won’t do horizontal orientation. I don’t know if the iPhone 11 does horizontal orientation. 

7 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It is kind of wonky, but if you download the desktop browser app on iPhone, it will display the desktop versions with signature links.  

it works in portrait and landscape mode, and I am using it on an iPhone 6S

Sounds great!  Where do you get that app?

39 minutes ago, DrFUN said:

Sounds great!  Where do you get that app?

In Apple’s App Store.  It is called desktop browser, so just search for that.  Not sure if they make the same for Android devices, but try searching for that name in the google play store. 

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

In Apple’s App Store.  It is called desktop browser, so just search for that.  Not sure if they make the same for Android devices, but try searching for that name in the google play store. 

Wow! The free app (a bit wonky, as you cautioned) DOES work on my iPhone8! THANKS!!

14 hours ago, broberts said:

Android Chrome browser has a Desktop Site check box on its menu (3 vertical dots right side of address line). On most devices users will find the display difficult.

Safari and chrome on IOS also have check boxes to display a desktop version, but neither of those display the signature lines when invoked on an iphone.  Using an ipad is no problem, because it displays signatures, and it is a larger display.

There are times when I know there is something I want to find, and I know it is linked in someone's signature, and I only have my iphone.  That is when the browser noted above comes in handy.

I am glad that several people have now migrated to using google docs to be able to link to their past reports.  Makes things much easier.