Carnival Panorama to promo new culinary class

jimbo5544

Several months ago, on the virtual reality tour video that was posted on youtube, they had a depiction of the area.  They said it was their first culinary school kitchen set up instead of being demos in a lounge or other area not specifically for cooking classes.  Looking forward to it -

Just now, fabby50 said:

Several months ago, on the virtual reality tour video that was posted on youtube, they had a depiction of the area.  They said it was their first culinary school kitchen set up instead of being demos in a lounge or other area not specifically for cooking classes.  Looking forward to it -

We are sailing on Jan 4th.  Saw today the new kitchen classes under dining- looks good!  Two choices offered- pasta or dessert.  No prices or sign-up information. 

Under Specialty Dining for our February Cruises they have a lot of classes offered--Holiday, Elegant, Ice Cream, Asian, Indian, Pasta, Elegant, Morning, Latin, Classics, Cake, Pie, Pizza, Cupcake, Pit and Smoked, Sushi.  I know I'll be doing a couple.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, naxer said:

Under Specialty Dining for our February Cruises they have a lot of classes offered--Holiday, Elegant, Ice Cream, Asian, Indian, Pasta, Elegant, Morning, Latin, Classics, Cake, Pie, Pizza, Cupcake, Pit and Smoked, Sushi.  I know I'll be doing a couple.

I had heard they were listed earlier today but just now when I checked cruise manager>shop>specialty dining they are not listed nor are they listed on the HUB app for my Panorama sailing. Glitches have been frequent lately so I'll check back. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

I had heard they were listed earlier today but just now when I checked cruise manager>shop>specialty dining they are not listed nor are they listed on the HUB app for my Panorama sailing. Glitches have been frequent lately so I'll check back. 

Watching the discussions on that other site, with people checking it out, they might be crashing.  CCL's website is a bit fickle in the best of times.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, naxer said:

Watching the discussions on that other site, with people checking it out, they might be crashing.  CCL's website is a bit fickle in the best of times.  

We were on the booking engine and that was extremely slow as well.  Not sure if they are all the same servers.  

Edited by jimbo5544

Don't know if this has already been posted... If so please excuse.

It's Time To Have Some 'Fun With Cooking'! First-In-Fleet Culinary Studio, 'Carnival Kitchen,' To Debut On Carnival Panorama

BY PR Newswire
— 11:11 AM ET 11/14/2019

MIAMI, Nov. 14, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Carnival Cruise Line today announced Carnival Kitchen, an engaging and hands-on culinary experience led by the line's talented chefs, debuting on Carnival Panorama in December. Guests sailing on Carnival's newest ship can enjoy more than 15 onboard cooking classes inspired by the expansive array of international cuisines showcased on Carnival Panorama.

Carnival_Cruise_Line_Culinary_Center.jpg

• Like 1

thanks for the heads-up.  Just signed up for 2 cooking classes on our Jan 4th cruise- with 4000 cruisers & 18 slots per class....9 year old granddaughter & I are going to make ice cream, and we are doing a lunch grill & smoke BBQ class!  sounds good. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

We were on the booking engine and that was extremely slow as well.  Not sure if they are all the same servers.  

For our Jan 4th panorama cruise just booked (and paid!) for ice cream class for me & my 9 year old granddaughter, and a grill & smoke master class.  Sounds great! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fabby50 said:

Bummer - we are on the February 8th  one and there is nothing!  It's supposed to be under specialty dining right?  I looked everywhere and nothing shown.

I see lots for that cruise... (I'm on it too) Go in like you're going to book an excursion or buy Cheers, then click on Specialty Dining

4 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Can someone list the prices they are seeing, specifically for which class is the least expensive and most expensive? Also is the pricing per person?

From what I see for my February Cruises, they are $30 or $59 per person.  Most of them are $30--those are the ones like deserts, pizza, pasta, tailgating, grill pit and smoke, brunch, sushi; and the ones that include a meal like Indian, Thai, Latin, Elegant, are $59.  They are all on sea days, and the starting times range from 10am until 6pm. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, new_cruiser_75 said:

I'm very interested in taking a class, but since I have no idea what else will be going on on the ship during the same time, I'm thinking I might wait and see about booking on board

I'm thinking that with only 18 slots and a few thousand passengers on the Panorama the classes I want may be full.  I tried to find out cancellation policy, but when I called the gal that answered had no info on the kitchen classes.  DIL not too keen on the last class on last sea day, so will probably cancel onboard.  One class we wanted (pizza) was on a port day so skipped that one.  So be sure to check itinerary before booking classes- not all on sea days!  

• Like 2

I see the classes available on our February cruise.  There's about 15 available in all.  Most are $30, but the $59 classes come with dinner.  Funny thing is.....each class shows availability for only one date and one time.  Either they are selling out very quickly, or perhaps Carnival is gauging interest before adding more, or staggering release dates/times for other reasons?

On 11/15/2019 at 6:35 AM, fabby50 said:

Yeah, still not showing up for me.  I did a search and none of the links shown will work.  Can anyone post a link?  The only thing showing up under specialty dining for me are the restaurants.

Try clearing your computers cache. You're probably seeing an old cache version of the Carnival website.