Need some last minute advice!

HI All,  I am leave today on the Adventure and my travel companion had a last minute family emergency and will no longer be going, but I am.  He is on his way back to the airport now to fly home.  We didn't get the insurance because we only booked it last week and it was pretty cheap so we know he lost his cruise fare.  My question is, are the Voom package and the drink package still refundable on the day of sailing or is that money lost too?  He purchased the Voom 2-device that we should share and if he no-shows the cruise does that cancel it and I'll have to purchase my own at the onboard price?  

Thanks. I love how quick this board is.

Another potential glitch, since he doesn't drink alcohol, I called and had them do the Deluxe for me and the royal refreshment for him, and I had to pay for both on my card.  Since I am still going, will his still be refunded back to my card? And since it was in a single transaction, will mine be refunded too and I'll have to repurchase onboard?

I’m sorry about your friends emergency.   I hope that it isnt too serious.

as for refunds - they will go back to the card that purchased them.  Cruise Planner purchases, taxes, and port fees associated with his name will all be refunded to the original purchaser.  

You should also end up earning double cruise points for your solo trip...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

It would be possible, if you have enough time to make a name change....a replacement can't just show up and board the ship at the last minute.

thanks for that information!

brings me to my next point for the OP when you return, keep me in mind for your reserve guy for next time we are not too far from each other ! lol 😆

17 minutes ago, EDiamond22 said:

assuming hes on the cruise now, this brought a question to my mind.. if he had someone to take the other persons spot is that a possibility? 

Name changes must be done at least 24 hours prior to sailing.  It would not have worked in the OP’s situation. 

• Like 1