Free at Sea-$50 excursion credit question

crazyboutdisney

These questions have been asked and answered so many times, that a while back I posted a "how to" thread with tips and instructions about using the shorex promo, to which others have helpfully added.   It's here (not to mention that there's a search engine in Cruise Critic as well): 

• Like 1

But if people didn't ask questions how would you ever have 10,000+ posts?

Seriously...  I read the terms and conditions but it always seems like there is a weaselly way to look at it.  I just wanted to make sure I understood how it's really done in the real world.

50 minutes ago, chrpai said:

Is there a gotcha?  We have 2 adults and 2 kids in our cabin.  If one or two people did an excursion would you still get the credit?

No gotcha

As long as at least one person completes an NCL Excursion the credit is applied to your stateroom account 

1 hour ago, crazyboutdisney said:

I did try using the search and nothing came up to answer what I was looking for. 

So,,, start with the cruise line and read the terms and conditions of the promotion BEFORE you pay money for it. Many of the answers on CC are incorrect. 

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions?cid=PS_TSI_GENERIC_GEN_GOO-g_LEN_SRH___dsa-112401137825&kwid=9017466&anchor=NA&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsJuX3f_05QIVjYCfCh3Z1Ak3EAAYASAAEgLC0PD_BwE

I have done this recently, so I will give you my experience.  I booked all excursions on the phone with the NCL excursion office. If you book online you have to “prepay” if on the phone you do not.  When you get to the ship they charge you the full price for all booked on the first night.  As you take each excursion, they credit back to you the $50, usually a few hours after was my experience.  It’s $50 per cabin, per port (I traveled solo) at least one person must take the excursion.   You can ask any questions you like...  hope this helps

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruisin from vegas said:

I have done this recently, so I will give you my experience.  I booked all excursions on the phone with the NCL excursion office. If you book online you have to “prepay” if on the phone you do not.  When you get to the ship they charge you the full price for all booked on the first night.  As you take each excursion, they credit back to you the $50, usually a few hours after was my experience.  It’s $50 per cabin, per port (I traveled solo) at least one person must take the excursion.   You can ask any questions you like...  hope this helps

Do you know if we call and book it with the excursion office, can we cancel prior to the cruise if we change our mind?