Junior Suite - Anthem of the Seas

We like it for the bigger bathroom and the bigger closet. The one we had on Anthem also had a huge balcony (unfortunately it was the cruise with the worst weather we have ever taken).  Oh well.

It was a great cabin and we needed nothing more.

P.S. On Anthem we were able to eat dinner in the Coastal Kitchen every night which was a huge step up from the MD.

I am currently in my first JS (first suite period) on Anthem.  It is really not that much bigger than a balcony cabin, but is laid out much better.  The bathroom is sorta split in 2, whIch we did not know in advance.  Toilet/sink on one side of 

entrance and shower/tub/sink on other.  As for Coastal Kitchen, I do not know how we are going to do without it on our upcoming March cruise...JS category is sold out and though I could go on a waiting list for a JS cancellation, I hate to deal with pricing on another room category after the excellent price we got for our balcony room.  

16 hours ago, MaryL31 said:

I am currently in my first JS (first suite period) on Anthem.  It is really not that much bigger than a balcony cabin, but is laid out much better.  The bathroom is sorta split in 2, whIch we did not know in advance.  Toilet/sink on one side of 

entrance and shower/tub/sink on other.  As for Coastal Kitchen, I do not know how we are going to do without it on our upcoming March cruise...JS category is sold out and though I could go on a waiting list for a JS cancellation, I hate to deal with pricing on another room category after the excellent price we got for our balcony room.  

room sounds amazing what cabin number is it

Are you in the suite with the smaller balcony?  As far as Coastal Kitchen, did you make your reservations on Day 1 for the whole cruise?  We booked our first JS for December.  It has the larger balcony and is off the hallway.  We can’t wait to try CK!  Enjoy your cruise and thanks.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MaryL31 said:

That is what they used to call a spa junior suite.  We found the cabin smaller than other JS we have had on other classes of ship.  It wasn't bad, but just smaller than expected.  Like access to Coastal Kitchen though 🙂  

We are in 10636. It is a hump cabin. We are traveling with friends who are Diamond Plus and in a Grande Suite, so they were able to make reservations for Coastal Kitchen in advance of the cruise through the concierge. Don't think the balcony is larger than the usual balcony. 

Edited by MaryL31
To add comment.

22 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

That is what they used to call a spa junior suite.  We found the cabin smaller than other JS we have had on other classes of ship.  It wasn't bad, but just smaller than expected.  Like access to Coastal Kitchen though 🙂  

It is still called that...just had one and not sure that I liked the bathroom layout...kind of weird.

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

There was a separate category called Spa Junior Suite when this class of ship first came out but they changed a bunch of category names a couple of years ago.  I haven't seen it listed as that since then and sailed one in January.  

It was still classified as that when we sailed (or at least booked) out last cruise on Anthem. We booked it back in June 2019.

17 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Is the J4 much smaller than the J1 with the large balcony???

I am not sure, since they combined them and took away the different named categories, the website doesn't make sense.  From the website, yours is 9 sq ft larger but balcony is doubled for yours.  Does yours have one and a half bathrooms?  There was a family JS that did.  Ours was the one that used to be called a spa JS and it had the split bath with toilet/sink in one and tub/sink and a larger stand alone shower in the other.  There is one that has a true one and a half bathroom (toilet in both) and I am not sure which that is anymore.

Edit:  Ours was larger than a balcony cabin but smaller than JS we have had on Freedom class and Radiance class.

Edited by reallyitsmema

Website gives me a headache.  From pictures I saw, looks like one bathroom with tub.  Charlie loves his tub so good for him!  We mainly booked for the double points but a little more space doesn’t hurt.  I remember the spa JS looked small when we peeked in, really should be bigger.  Anyway, you have a lovely cruise if I don’t talk to you before then😀

Just now, DaniDanielle said:

Website gives me a headache.  From pictures I saw, looks like one bathroom with tub.  Charlie loves his tub so good for him!  We mainly booked for the double points but a little more space doesn’t hurt.  I remember the spa JS looked small when we peeked in, really should be bigger.  Anyway, you have a lovely cruise if I don’t talk to you before then😀

Thanks, you too!  Hopefully, we will end up on the same ship again one of these days. 🙂 

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Would be great!  We are looking at Oasis in August. Our son already booked.  I want to sail as Diamond Plus as soon as possible though!!!!!!

What week?  We are looking at cruises tonight, I have a book later booking I have to use before we leave or we lose the OBC.

• 2 weeks later...