Horizon Court Embarking Lunch on the Royal

tjcletzgo

3 hours ago, tjcletzgo said:

I’m hoping they have ribs at the buffet on day one. Anyone have any idea if they do?

Thanks🛳🛳🛳

In 5 cruises on Royal, I can definitively say: yes. And, no.  Some cruises have had ribs, some haven't. Depends on the chef, stock, etc.  Usually - they're in the Horizon Court section, more aft - not the Court area. There's lots of other good food too though, even when there's not ribs. 

They may have. Sometime they do have them on the first day but there's no guarantee.

Most likely you'll see them as some point during the cruise in the buffet.

If not, you can always find something interesting.  

2 hours ago, MTJSR said:

I was just on the Royal and I highly advise you to first stop by Alfredo's and have the Veal Raviolis "Agnolotti Gratinati all Piemontese" with a salad.

To die for!

Enjoy your cruise.

What if they are like me and don't like Veal? Sure wouldn't be to die for.😀

40 minutes ago, Husky61 said:

What if they are like me and don't like Veal? Sure wouldn't be to die for.😀

You will spend the entire cruise looking for the veal in the ravioli, I think they use veal stock for the sauce. 

39 minutes ago, Husky61 said:

I know many who would disagree the food is good at the buffet, myself included.  But then again, food is so very subjective.

The most overused word on this website "subjective" Princess has one or two really good items, but the rest are truly just average. There is not one restaurant in any city trying to replicate Princess food and stay in business. My 5 cents! 

13 hours ago, Husky61 said:

I know many who would disagree the food is good at the buffet, myself included.  But then again, food is so very subjective.

Your tastes must be very discriminating. 

If so, what are you doing on a Princess ship as the food quality doesn't get much better that that? 

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Your tastes must be very discriminating. 

If so, what are you doing on a Princess ship as the food quality doesn't get much better that that? 

I don't eat in the buffet and don't eat the same food as you, and don't sail that often with princess. But what difference does it make to you if I do sail with princess? I am just making a comment about certain foods.

2 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

the adjective in this phrase is subjective to each individual.  🙄😏

Pooh

I believe the greater majority would agree that among the buffets of all the Princess ships the Royal class has the best to offer. 

Of course if buffet isn't you choice for eating then you should stick to the DR or a better cruise line for the more discriminating people.  

On 11/24/2019 at 11:32 AM, MissP22 said:

I believe the greater majority would agree that among the buffets of all the Princess ships the Royal class has the best to offer. 

Of course if buffet isn't you choice for eating then you should stick to the DR or a better cruise line for the more discriminating people.  

Princess is my cruise line.  As you said, though, buffet just isn't my thing.  I love Alfredo's on the royal class ships.  that is my go to place on port days when the MDR isn't open for lunch.  And if you knew me, it just isn't that I am discriminating that much, it is just that I hate running around putting food that everyone can breathe on onto my plate and then finding a place to sit and then eating cold food.  It is so nice, especially on vacation, to be waited on instead of having to do it yourself!

Pooh

Edited by PoohUnderstands
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Princess is my cruise line.  As you said, though, buffet just isn't my thing.  I love Alfredo's on the royal class ships.  that is my go to place on port days when the MDR isn't open for lunch.  And if you knew me, it just isn't that I am discriminating that much, it is just that I hate running around putting food that everyone can breathe on onto my plate and then finding a place to sit and then eating cold food.  It is so nice, especially on vacation, to be waited on instead of having to do it yourself!

Pooh

Our standards are definitely much more lenient than yours. 😎

We can quickly grab lunch without having to kill an hour waiting for someone to serve us.

btw- We always secure a seat before getting our food and this way there's no searching afterwards.

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Our standards are definitely much more lenient than yours. 😎

We can quickly grab lunch without having to kill an hour waiting for someone to serve us.

btw- We always secure a seat before getting our food and this way there's no searching afterwards.

I understand ya.  We usually have phones, etc. with us and nothing to leave at seats so if we secure seats first, one of us goes to get food and then the other. Then we end up not eating together!  I guess we could just tip chairs up etc., but again.....  And that is the part of cruising that I love, the killing time over a meal be it breakfast. lunch, or dinner!!!  But I know people who would rather be at a bar, at trivia, or by the pool, etc.  So many choices is good!!!

Pooh

Edited by PoohUnderstands

19 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

I understand ya.  We usually have phones, etc. with us and nothing to leave at seats so if we secure seats first, one of us goes to get food and then the other. Then we end up not eating together!  I guess we could just tip chairs up etc., but again.....  And that is the part of cruising that I love, the killing time over a meal be it breakfast. lunch, or dinner!!!  But I know people who would rather be at a bar, at trivia, or by the pool, etc.  So many choices is good!!!

Pooh

A drink will work or a book.

• Like 1