Drink package is no longer available unless bundled with Voom on my Navigator sailing

jled

I've been checking and hoping for a good Black Friday discount.. and this is what showed up!!!  Deluxe Beverage Package And VOOM One Device $ 73 per night.    The drink package has been going up and down..staying in the $ 65 ish range...I'm on a 3 night on January 10.. This is totally NOT what I was hoping for ...I'm travelling in a large group and I won't be needing the internet.. and if I do, I will just use my ATT day pass in Nassau and that's it...I was hoping for a $ 60 ish price...Maybe it will change...  I got the package for somewhere in the low 50's last year on Black Friday

Last year the BF advertised deal was Voom for $10 added to the deluxe package. However, you were still able to purchase the deluxe on its own under the BOGO promotion that was also still available when boarding the ship the fist day. Since I planned on paying $14 for Voom for one device and purchasing  the deluxe drink package it worked out for me.

One cruise, I called to book one Deluxe and one Deluxe with VOOM.

The Deluxe was sold out.  REALLY???

Rep figured someone entered the number available incorrectly.  He stated that normally, they put in something like 6000 available, just in case.  And maybe someone put in 600 or even 60.  

This was a weekend, so had to wait until the week day to get it fixed, then they wanted to charge me a higher price.  So I did not book, until the price came down again.

I just called Royal and was told that was all that was being offered now and I couldn't book the beverage package by itself. I told the representative that if I drank $73 plus 18 % gratuities ($86) I would end up in a hospital.. I'll keep checking 

1 hour ago, JennyB1977 said:

@jled Not sure how much you weigh but 7 $12 glasses of wine in 24 hours is most likely not going to put you in the hospital. 

Or, substitute some of those glasses of wine for fresh squeezed OJ, specialty coffees, bottles of water, and possibly even a few sodas.

• Like 1