ENTERTAINMENT....

cruisehome

Been reading about Eurodam -  is it true that there are no DJ's in the crow's nest at night or no small musical groups in some of the bars before dinner to have a drink and listen to music...….

Only choices are BB king and the piano bar.   From pictures looks like there really is not a bar in either venue but chairs???

don't mean to complain -  but it seems as though this ship is going to be really really quiet.

Any music on deck on sail away??

Carol 

11 minutes ago, cruisehome said:

Been reading about Eurodam -  is it true that there are no DJ's in the crow's nest at night or no small musical groups in some of the bars before dinner to have a drink and listen to music...….

Only choices are BB king and the piano bar.   From pictures looks like there really is not a bar in either venue but chairs???

don't mean to complain -  but it seems as though this ship is going to be really really quiet.

Carol 

It's been a few months since I was on the Eurodam, but no, there's no DJ in the Crow's Nest any longer.  It's basically a coffee bar/lounge.  There was an in-house piano player in the Ocean Bar that played a couple of times each evening.  There were the dual pianos in Billboard Onboard.  There were bars in both locations, small ones, with mainly table seating.  BB King's was onboard, also.

1 hour ago, cruisehome said:

Unfortunately, that is true.  It was my biggest complaint about the cruise.

1 hour ago, Shmoo here said:

There was an in-house piano player in the Ocean Bar that played a couple of times each evening.   

Gone.  Now, the piano just sits there unoccupied.  

I think I am going to be disappointed since music is part of our evening enjoyment.  I liked the itinerary and that is why I chose Holland before I did research

It is too bad if the line wanted more active people on the ship  this is not helping

I will write a review upon my return

33 minutes ago, leerathje said:

Was there no Lincoln Centre Stage?

There was Lincoln Center Stage on our March cruise.  While I generally like classical music, sitting through a classical concert after eating dinner was just too mind numbing and I was falling asleep.

2 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

There was Lincoln Center Stage on our March cruise.  While I generally like classical music, sitting through a classical concert after eating dinner was just too mind numbing and I was falling asleep.

To each his own, I guess. Enjoyed them on the K'dam in January.

35 minutes ago, cruisehome said:

I think I am going to be disappointed since music is part of our evening enjoyment.  I liked the itinerary and that is why I chose Holland before I did research

It is too bad if the line wanted more active people on the ship  this is not helping

I will write a review upon my return

We enjoyed the two piano players in Billboard Onboard.  Note: not DUELING pianos, but DUAL pianos.  They would switch off on who was playing, not try to outdo each other.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, leerathje said:

Was there no Lincoln Centre Stage?

Yes, but LCS on Eurodam is not a lounge like what the OP is describing.  

It's not like Koningsdam where there is plenty of comfy seating and a bar.  This is LSC on Eurodam.  It's set up more like a mini concert hall than a comfy lounge.

image.thumb.png.bde0f078ecd73f162ef37a26f8f4d71e.png

Edited by Aquahound
  • Like 1

BB Kings is in the Queens Lounge which has a full bar and seating.  They also had a late night DJ in there.

Billboard also has a full bar and lounge seating.

My wife is late 30s and I am mid 40s and we had no trouble staying entertained, but we also have fairly basic expectations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MTAK said:

BB Kings is in the Queens Lounge which has a full bar and seating.  They also had a late night DJ in there.

Billboard also has a full bar and lounge seating.

My wife is late 30s and I am mid 40s and we had no trouble staying entertained, but we also have fairly basic expectations.

I don’t think you understood the OP’s question. Eurodam does not have any pre/post dinner lounges with more relaxing music such as a small jazz band or solo guitarist or pianist. There used to be a pianist on Ocean Bar and there used to be entertainment in the Crows Nest, but it’s all been eliminated. 

BB King and Billboard are different types of venues and are more the later night party venues. 

On 11/26/2019 at 5:36 PM, cruisehome said:

Carol 

@Cruzaholic41 I was simply responding to these statements by the OP. While its true there is no DJ in the Crow's Nest, they did have one in the Queens Lounge late at night on our Alaska cruise in Sept. 2018.  Maybe that's no longer the case, or so many pax turn in early they don't know about it.

Both the Queens Lounge and Billboard do in fact have full bars with lounge seating.

@Aquahound had already addressed the lack of pre-dinner music in the Ocean Bar, which is a problem for some. So I didn't bother to address that.

We didn't feel the ship was "really, really quiet" at all.

Edited by MTAK