New to Celebrity - electric sockets?

Traderboy

After having my power strip taken away on a Royal Carib cruise I now carry one of these which is in my CPAP bag. No  issue getting it through the ship xray. Just  a few dollars at your local hardware store.

image.png.2b4c8702b4addcb9baf92d98fb95e91f.png

Edited by luv2travel90266
addition

15 minutes ago, Sammigar said:

I have a European adapter from a land trip to Europe. Can the US and European sockets be used at the same time? Seems like a good way to get both phones, tablet, and camera all charging over night.

Yes, we often use both at the same time.

1 hour ago, Sammigar said:

I have a European adapter from a land trip to Europe. Can the US and European sockets be used at the same time? Seems like a good way to get both phones, tablet, and camera all charging over night.

Yes, we cruise with a “universal” adapter for this reason. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sammigar said:

Yes but recognize that the European plugs run on a different current. Everything we own runs on both 110 and 220. So with the adapters it allows for lots of options. 

On 11/30/2019 at 1:11 PM, Sammigar said:

You can also buy multi-port USB power adapters so you can charge multiple devices from one outlet. Tablets and QuickCharge require more power, which means a more expensive and larger adapter (and possibly a USB-C port for the fastest charging), so check the specs. 

Nevertheless, *super* annoying not to have bedside outlets. 

Edited by gordiej

4 hours ago, gordiej said:

You can also buy multi-port USB power adapters so you can charge multiple devices from one outlet. Tablets and QuickCharge require more power, which means a more expensive and larger adapter (and possibly a USB-C port for the fastest charging), so check the specs.

As above, really important to look closely at the specs for the maximum power handling (Watts) and to see how that is shared between the ports.

If you want to be able to charge a couple of tablets and a couple of phones you are going to want something at least 30-40W and higher if you need fast charging on a USB-C device.

Watch for amp limits as well, not uncommon to see things like '2.4A' then in small print "total, shared between both ports"

The "Razor" outlet in the bathroom will power these green night lights which help prevent disturbing others by not having to turn on bright lights.  These are usually activated by the switch on the outside of the door

T001204.jpg

11 minutes ago, ONT-CA said:

The "Razor" outlet in the bathroom will power these green night lights which help prevent disturbing others by not having to turn on bright lights.  These are usually activated by the switch on the outside of the door

Can you confirm using them aboard? We had the same idea, but found that the shaver outlet was on the same circuit and shut off with the lights. That said, I can't remember if that was on Celebrity or HAL and stopped carrying them after the one attempt.