Rotterdam Internet Questions

garydm

There are many discussions here about the internet plans, which are fleetwide. The one fly in the ointment is reports that only one device is allowed per plan purchase. I am not seeing convincing evidence this is true...it may be operator error. 

I am not aware any ship has ethernet connections.

Direct from the Holland website in the description of prepaid internet packages:

The plan can be activated on any device but only one device can be actively connected at a time, the rate calculation is based on prorating the voyage package by length.”

• Like 1

Some CC members have reported on a few HAL ships, the newest restriction is ONE DEVICE, period.   You cannot connect multiple devices, and using one at a time.   Possibly this is a test program to stop people from sharing their login information with other friends, effectively allowing many people to all work off of a single package.

8 minutes ago, TAD2005 said:

Some CC members have reported on a few HAL ships, the newest restriction is ONE DEVICE, period.   You cannot connect multiple devices, and using one at a time.   Possibly this is a test program to stop people from sharing their login information with other friends, effectively allowing many people to all work off of a single package.

My understanding was that was a one day glitch and the way they announce the internet packages.  Once my friend got it fixed, they were able to log off and log on and use the different devices.

How long that will last, who knows?  But it still works 😉 

We are just off the Rotterdam.  We did not have the wifi service but I friends did and they had to keep switching which phone was logged in.   I will also say that the service was rather slow - like the old dial-up days.