Hotels in Fort Lauderdale

brenbrady

21 hours ago, KreinKrunker said:

That's a rate of 54%.  Taxes in Fort Lauderdale are about 14%.  Some booking sites charge a booking fee, and some hotels have a resort fee, usually $30-$50/day.  Can not explain that amount.  Just taxes in your example should be about $64.

It was on the hotel website but I can't remember which one. There was no breakdown on the taxes charged. I was just wondering what recovery tax means. I just moved on to find a different hotel. Thanks for your info

On 2/13/2023 at 5:00 PM, diesel1973 said:

Any response on the condition of Embassy Suites FLL ?

It is over rated by most people that stay there. We stayed there 1 time 1 year ago because Hyatt Place was booked and we like the area. E.S. is a huge, crowded, really slow elevators on cruise morning, our bathroom looked as it was original from the day it was built, and was really nasty. I would never stay there again. There are much nicer hotels in this area that are better all around. Hilton Fort. Lauderdale Marina, Renaissance, Holiday Inn, Four Points By Sheraton, and our go to hotel is Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

It is over rated by most people that stay there. We stayed there 1 time 1 year ago because Hyatt Place was booked and we like the area. E.S. is a huge, crowded, really slow elevators on cruise morning, our bathroom looked as it was original from the day it was built, and was really nasty. I would never stay there again. There are much nicer hotels in this area that are better all around. Hilton Fort. Lauderdale Marina, Renaissance, Holiday Inn, Four Points By Sheraton, and our go to hotel is Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port. 

Thanks for the reply. We stayed there in 2019 and it was in pretty bad shape. It is in a convenient location and wonder why they don't do something  .  Would rather pay more for a place  we feel more comfortable in.

On 2/14/2023 at 2:16 PM, cruisegal40 said:

Not that I am aware of.  We have stayed there several times and used Uber/Lyft.

The Riverside does not have a shuttle. Access to taxis, public buses, the water taxi, Uber/Lyft, etc.

Wow, we are going on a cruise out of Port Everglades in March.  We are flying in the day before but our flight gets in at night, and there will be no time to do anything in the morning before the cruise.  So it is killing me to see all these hotels asking $350 - $500 (by the time all the charges are factored in), because we won't be there long enough to enjoy any of their amenities.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a place more reasonable, anywhere in the area?  Will possibly end up at the Harrison Hotel in Hollywood for sentimental reasons but it's getting bad reviews these days and will still cost us about $240.  Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Lindancer said:

Wow, we are going on a cruise out of Port Everglades in March.  We are flying in the day before but our flight gets in at night, and there will be no time to do anything in the morning before the cruise.  So it is killing me to see all these hotels asking $350 - $500 (by the time all the charges are factored in), because we won't be there long enough to enjoy any of their amenities.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a place more reasonable, anywhere in the area?  Will possibly end up at the Harrison Hotel in Hollywood for sentimental reasons but it's getting bad reviews these days and will still cost us about $240.  Thanks in advance.

Hi, March is the HIGH season.....spring break and all that.......that is why prices are so high. I think there is a LaQunita near the airport. Try that....sometimes they have decent prices. 

• Like 1

Flying into Ft. Lauderdale on April 7 of this year.   Finally settled on a Hotel in Dania Beach.  Ended up cost about 325.00 for one night.  I realize that this is the Friday before Easter.  But this is ridiculous, same room on Thursday night , the 6th, is about 200.00.  This is a great example of ripping off the consumer.   But, if you want to stay during this time of you are stuck with these prices.

12 hours ago, Cruiser 5452 said:

Flying into Ft. Lauderdale on April 7 of this year.   Finally settled on a Hotel in Dania Beach.  Ended up cost about 325.00 for one night.  I realize that this is the Friday before Easter.  But this is ridiculous, same room on Thursday night , the 6th, is about 200.00.  This is a great example of ripping off the consumer.   But, if you want to stay during this time of you are stuck with these prices.

Prices with ANYTHING go up with demand.  It's not ripping off the customer -- it's simple suppy and demand.

• Like 3

We are booked for Embassy Suites in January because we like the area but haven't stayed there in years so these reviews convince me to book the Hyatt House in Dania because there will be 5 of us and we booked 2 rooms at Embassy where we only need 1 room at Hyatt.  We sail out of Miami but usually fly Southwest info FLL.  Thanks cruisecritic peeps!!!!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2023 at 7:04 PM, gotta cruise again said:

When departing Port Everglades, there are a couple of tall condos (not hotels) on the port side. Those folks tend to wave and sometimes hold of signs. The port webcam is located in that area.

DH and I always make sure we’re on the port side as we too find it fun to wave to them.

We also get port side to wave to the family back home watching the webcam.  You can contact the camera people ahead of time online, let them know where you are on the ship, and they'll try to do a close-up as the ship passes by.

• 2 weeks later...

Holiday Inn Express on 17th street in Ft. Lauderdale in May, Anyone have any info on this hotel.  I saw that it is close to the FLL airport with free shuttle and close to the pier.  Any thoughts on this area?? Thank you. 

11 hours ago, D & S said:

Holiday Inn Express on 17th street in Ft. Lauderdale in May, Anyone have any info on this hotel.  I saw that it is close to the FLL airport with free shuttle and close to the pier.  Any thoughts on this area?? Thank you. 

Area is fine.  Not far from the airport, very close to Port Everglades, restaurants and any last minute shopping.

Holiday inn express nice place and nice area for pre and post cruise. Stayed there in April 2022.  Close to restaurants  (Duffy's), Publix,  liquor store to purchase wine, TJ Maxx to name a few.  They have transportation shuttle from the airport and to Port Everglades.  Ten - 15 minutes from airport and 15  minutes to port.