Hotels in Fort Lauderdale

brenbrady

8 hours ago, Janie1229 said:

If you are flying in the evening before the cruise, where would you recommend? A view does not matter to me since we will be arriving in the evening, and leaving in the morning to go to the ship. Basically going straight to bed that night. Something close to the port, clean, safe and comfortable. Thanks!

Pretty much every chain has hotels in the Dania Beach area (with free airport shuttles).  Much cheaper there then on 17th street or the waterfront.  Perhaps a bit further but still within a $20 or so Uber ride.

• Like 2

What is the best area for a hotel the day before leaving for a cruise arriving at FLL airport  if you want to walk around safely and for casual dinner.    Also, anyone know anything about the Sawgrass Mills Outlet

37 minutes ago, D & S said:

What is the best area for a hotel the day before leaving for a cruise arriving at FLL airport  if you want to walk around safely and for casual dinner.    Also, anyone know anything about the Sawgrass Mills Outlet

Good morning, there is not 1 answer to your question. Some people like the 17th Street area which has hotels and restaurants with some shops as well.

Other people (I am in this group) stay on Las Olas Blvd......there is a specific hotel there that I stay at call The Riverside and there are lots of shops and restaurants along the Blvd.

Some folks prefer to stay beachside.

Is this your first time sailing or staying out of Ft. Lauderdale?  There are lots of threads on here about the area.

As for Sawgrass Mills? That is very west of the port..Yes, there are lots of stores and it is a big mall but it is not what I consider "close by". You could not walk there, that is for sure. Uber, Taxi, Limo, some kind of transportation is definitely needed to get there. It is probably between a 20-30 minute car ride from the hotels that are near the port.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 1:24 PM, FritzG said:

We just checked out of the Riverside yesterday. It was very clean, and we had excellent service.  The staff were very friendly and worked hard to make sure we had a good experience. 

We love the Riverside and planning on staying there again this April.  Have not been back there since prior to Covid so happy they have remained the same

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruisinelmo said:

We are planning on staying at the Riverside for our family cruise and was thinking about having dinner at Louie Bossi's has anyone eaten there? What are your thoughts?

Good food....gets extremely busy and loud inside...if possible and weather is nice see if you can get seated out back in the garden patio.

10 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

We prefer Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, Dania Beach, FL. They have big clean rooms, breakfast buffet included, airport shuttle free. It is walkable to the relatively new shopping complex, Dania Pointe which includes many good restaurants. https://www.daniapointe.com 

We're long time Hyatt members and agree that Hyatt House is a gem. Our November pre-cruise stay was excellent at the Dania location. We were there for 3 days pre-cruise, with a rental car. Never charge to park, the buffet breakfast was very good, coffee urn in the lobby, and the room [suite] was super!  There is a mini convenience  rack by the reception desk in case you forget or need toiletries or snacks - also a fridge/freezer with items you could microwave in your room. 

My sister decided to tag along on the cruise and considered her own room, but I snagged a 2- bedroom king suite, with two private bath rooms, with living room and fully equipped kitchen....for a great price. DH has a "thing" for Hyatt's chocolate chip cookies, which  Hyatt House doesn't have - guest servies told him to go across the parking lot to Hyatt Place where he picked up three warm cookies to take back to our suite.  Ample restaurants within walking distance and the hotel's pool is very nice. Only complaint is the slow, slow elevator. 

Darcy

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

We prefer Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, Dania Beach, FL. They have big clean rooms, breakfast buffet included, airport shuttle free. It is walkable to the relatively new shopping complex, Dania Pointe which includes many good restaurants. https://www.daniapointe.com 

Thanks for that link.  I may look at this place the next time I sail out of Port Everglades. Looks like a lot of good restaurants are nearby!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cruzngrl said:

What are the hotels we cruise past where everyone is waving out their balconies.  Going with 4 other couples and thought this might be fun for them to see.

Are you referring to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami?  Google "Hotels along A1A Ft. Lauderdale"  and I am sure there will be tons that pop up.  There are too many to name on here but there are many of the major chains that are all along that area.

1 hour ago, cruzngrl said:

What are the hotels we cruise past where everyone is waving out their balconies.  Going with 4 other couples and thought this might be fun for them to see.

When departing Port Everglades, there are a couple of tall condos (not hotels) on the port side. Those folks tend to wave and sometimes hold of signs. The port webcam is located in that area.

DH and I always make sure we’re on the port side as we too find it fun to wave to them.

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Are you referring to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami?  Google "Hotels along A1A Ft. Lauderdale"  and I am sure there will be tons that pop up.  There are too many to name on here but there are many of the major chains that are all along that area.

Ft Lauderdale...This cruise is going out of Port Everglades right? LOL

6 hours ago, cruzngrl said:

Those are the Point of Americas condos in the Harbor Beach neighborhood. 

Getting to Know the Neighborhood: Harbor Beach - Fort Lauderdale, FL ...

Edited by capriccio

On 2/11/2023 at 10:34 AM, Lois R said:

Thanks for that link.  I may look at this place the next time I sail out of Port Everglades. Looks like a lot of good restaurants are nearby!

I used to stay at what was Quality Inn on Stirling and come Friday night all the area hotels fill with cruisers.  Dana Pointe is fairly new and there are other restaurants across Stirling on the Oakwood Place and a little further.  Walkable for most but a short rideshare ride for others.  

Can anyone  explain to me why there is such high tax and fees added to a hotel. I just put a couple if dates in and this is what I get from the hotel website. To me it seem pretty high.   I can't find out what these taxes are. Anyone know.

01/01/2024  $228.64

01/02/2024  $228.64

Tax Recovery and Fees: $247.94 USD

Edited by Canadianhey!

13 minutes ago, Canadianhey! said:

Can anyone  explain to me why there is such high tax and fees added to a hotel. I just put a couple if dates in and this is what I get from the hotel website. To me it seem pretty high.   I can't find out what these taxes are. Anyone know.

01/01/2024  $228.64

01/02/2024  $228.64

On the Hilton site I see the cheapest rate as $277 per night (Hilton Honors semi flex) plus $35.57  tax = $312.57 per night.

2 hours ago, Canadianhey! said:

Can anyone  explain to me why there is such high tax and fees added to a hotel. 

01/01/2024  $228.64

01/02/2024  $228.64

That's a rate of 54%.  Taxes in Fort Lauderdale are about 14%.  Some booking sites charge a booking fee, and some hotels have a resort fee, usually $30-$50/day.  Can not explain that amount.  Just taxes in your example should be about $64.