Help , Azamara overcharged on final account!

gymfreak

Hello all

we are from the U.K. and have just retuned from an Azamara Pursuit cruise. 
Today we have a charge on our credit card for £363.22 , when it should have been for the equivalent of $29.14!

A very large discrepancy!

Anyone know a number or email or UK number to contact to sort this out.

To add insult to injury despite us telling them not to covert the charge to UK currency and let our card provider do this they heave converted the rate themselves.

Any help greatly appreciated

Vicki

Vicki, the best way is to put it into dispute with your card provider this will focus their minds otherwise it could take weeks to come to the top of the pile. Email address we have is customerserviceuk@azamaraclubcruises.com and phone number 0344 493 6060.

We had the same problem regarding the currency conversion back in October but as it was only a couple of £’s didn’t do anything about it.

3 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Vicki, the best way is to put it into dispute with your card provider this will focus their minds otherwise it could take weeks to come to the top of the pile. Email address we have is customerserviceuk@azamaraclubcruises.com and phone number 0344 493 6060.

We had the same problem regarding the currency conversion back in October but as it was only a couple of £’s didn’t do anything about it.

Thank you John, will try to contact them now

Vicki

Vicki, did they email you a copy of the bill (which they should do if you didn't get a paper copy?  That's a huge discrepancy and they don't have interactive TV on Pursuit which makes it very difficult to keep track. 

I think John's advice to dispute it with your credit card company is spot on

Phil 

• Like 1

I am not sure if there’s a system glitch. We got a final bill after our transatlantic but not after our 21/11 Cruise and the figures don’t tie up to my card debit. I will be querying it when I get home 

25 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Vicki, did they email you a copy of the bill (which they should do if you didn't get a paper copy?  That's a huge discrepancy and they don't have interactive TV on Pursuit which makes it very difficult to keep track. 

I think John's advice to dispute it with your credit card company is spot on

Phil 

21 minutes ago, uktog said:

I am not sure if there’s a system glitch. We got a final bill after our transatlantic but not after our 21/11 Cruise and the figures don’t tie up to my card debit. I will be querying it when I get home 

No Phil, we didn't get a statement sent by email and I have now asked for one

We did get a statement the night before debark from the desk and thankfully I have kept that.

We have just put the charge into dispute until sorted.

Initially onboard there was no record of our onboard credit that came with the package and they had to email Miami about it and get that sorted

Have searched my junk mail in case the statement is there but it isn’t.

There we’re a few issues this cruise which I won’t go into now but it is making us consider our future cruise plans.

Thanks all for your help

Vicki 

The lack of interactive T.V. on Pursuit is a real pain (for  me anyway) but it seems that they have no intention of installing it, they seem to think that the App is adequate.

Edited by Bloodaxe

Hi Vicki, as you are from the UK it might be worth emailing Richard Twynam who is Azamara’s UK MD. if the customer services email doesn’t get you any satisfactory response. His email address is  RTwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com

Did you use the app on the ship at all? That would have showed your account (although I didn’t find it easy to interpret). I hope you get it sorted out.

Sorry you had some issues Vicki.😕

Yes. The lack of interactive is just plain dumb in my book. To have to wait until the last night to get a print of your final bill or to keep going up to Guest Relations and asking for one during the cruise is unreasonable. Especially as Azamara are so keen to give out OBC now. And that's not to mention being unable to order room service on the TV. 

A silly lack of investment for a premium cruise line. 

Phil 

22 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Hi Vicki, as you are from the UK it might be worth emailing Richard Twynam who is Azamara’s UK MD. if the customer services email doesn’t get you any satisfactory response. His email address is  RTwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com

Did you use the app on the ship at all? That would have showed your account (although I didn’t find it easy to interpret). I hope you get it sorted out.

Although I am fairly savvy with IT I found the app not very responsive and as you say difficult to interpret. 
In this case it would not help as they have clearly made a big error as our paper copy from the night before was accurate.

Anyway I know we shall get it sorted one way or another, but agree with Phil and others that the lack of interactive TV is a problem when the alternative is poor on functionality 

7 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Does the Journey have a different system?   We had no problems on board accessing our account through the TV.   We did that every day or so.   So the Pursuit does not have the same system?

Yes, Journey and Quest have interactive TV, Pursuit does not.

Newest ship in the fleet has an inferior set up.  I heard that it's because they discontinued the contract with the previous provider used on Journey and Quest. Simple idea would be to get a new contract for all the ships. Job done!  I find it odd. 

Not to labour the point, but it's the lack of investment in simple things like this that sometimes worries me. 

Phil 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Newest ship in the fleet has an inferior set up.  I heard that it's because they discontinued the contract with the previous provider used on Journey and Quest. Simple idea would be to get a new contract for all the ships. Job done!  I find it odd. 

Not to labour the point, but it's the lack of investment in simple things like this that sometimes worries me. 

Phil 

If they couldn't (or wouldn't) install it during last years long refit they are unlikely to do it now.

hi vicki, have you had any luck, i have emailed uk customer relations twice and not even an acknowledgement and also mr twynam       i do hate being treated like they dont care once the cruise is finished, perhaps this will be our last with az, standards have dropped so much,,,,  

4 hours ago, cheznick said:

hi vicki, have you had any luck, i have emailed uk customer relations twice and not even an acknowledgement and also mr twynam       i do hate being treated like they dont care once the cruise is finished, perhaps this will be our last with az, standards have dropped so much,,,,  

Nope, nada, nothing.

Anyway we have put the charge in dispute and we have our clear evidence , as yet I haven’t even received the promised email of the so called charges so we have absolutely no idea how they have arrived at this mythical figure

Very poor

Vicki

One week now since Azamara overcharged to the tune of approx £350 on our final account, a copy of which we haven’t seen .

Despite contact with Customer Services and the U.K. office no response from either. 
Not even an acknowledgement of our emails 

What is going on?

This is really poor and we certainly don’t need this aggravation so close to the festive season .

Is it really too much to acknowledge the situation is being  investigated ?

No way are we letting that money leave our account because I fear we shall not see it again 

Vicki

8 minutes ago, gymfreak said:

One week now since Azamara overcharged to the tune of approx £350 on our final account, a copy of which we haven’t seen .

Despite contact with Customer Services and the U.K. office no response from either. 
Not even an acknowledgement of our emails 

What is going on?

This is really poor and we certainly don’t need this aggravation so close to the festive season .

Is it really too much to acknowledge the situation is being  investigated ?

No way are we letting that money leave our account because I fear we shall not see it again 

Vicki

Vicki, I had a similar issue on Pursuit earlier this year and Bonnie picked it up here and within two days I had an email of my bill from Guest Relations Manager German. Perhaps she can work her magic again for you. 

Phil 

Vicki, we also have still not had any reply from our 2 emails to uk customer services or our complaint to Richard Twynam / talking to Usa based customer services was a total  waste of time. our mystery charge was only for $20 odd and $30 odd within minutes of each other in spirits bar but im still Gdam very annoyed. we cant put ours in dispute because we had a cancelled shorex refunded to our account while on board but then followed by the 2 mystery drinking sessions so when they refunded the shorex from the on board account back to our credit card it was missing the 60 odd dollars which had been deducted first/ . im totally and utterly fed up with Az on this and the lack of after service once you have had your cruise/ by the way we only got a copy of our on board account emailed after i rang them to complain about the non refund...

will keep you posted if we here anything .                 meanwhile perhaps Bonnie can shed some light on who to contact as no one seems to be bothered answering any of us.

cheers

nick and cheryl