Help , Azamara overcharged on final account!

gymfreak

Thanks,Phil, Nick, Cheryl and Mrs Miggins

Lets hope that Bonnie can indeed open up lines of communication that we are obviously failing to do. I was promised an email of our account last Tuesday and still no joy.

Would really like this resolved , as you say it really puts a dampener on the whole experience which is sad.

Anyway it’s good to have the support and experience of the stalwarts on this board.

Will post any updates, hopefully ASAP!
Thanks again

Vick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Miggins said:

At one time any email to the UK personnel guaranteed an immediate response.  Not sure if that is the case any more.

I have one from early November not responded to but the event is now past 

1 hour ago, gymfreak said:

Thanks,Phil, Nick, Cheryl and Mrs Miggins

Lets hope that Bonnie can indeed open up lines of communication that we are obviously failing to do. I was promised an email of our account last Tuesday and still no joy.

Would really like this resolved , as you say it really puts a dampener on the whole experience which is sad.

Anyway it’s good to have the support and experience of the stalwarts on this board.

Will post any updates, hopefully ASAP!
Thanks again

Vick

Hi Vicki              just got a call from Azamara stating they have been authorised to refund me the missing money, should be back on my card in 3 days or so,                so hopefully you will get same call,

nick and cheryl

12 minutes ago, cheznick said:

Hi Vicki              just got a call from Azamara stating they have been authorised to refund me the missing money, should be back on my card in 3 days or so,                so hopefully you will get same call,

nick and cheryl

12 minutes ago, cheznick said:

nick and cheryl

Great news Nick and Cheryl

Hope I can soon report back the same

Vicki

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

It seems you’re right, but it’s very surprising. In the past an email to Richard Twynam would have got a response within 24 hours.

There are lots of changes going on in Europe as far as Royal and subsidiaries are concerned.   They are closing the offices there. This must have an impact. 

Phil 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

I am not sure if credit card companies are receiving too many disputes due to incorrect charges on Pursuit. My credit card company has declined a request from Azamara. After reading the experiences in this forum, I have decided yo settle my expenses in cash.

Ivi 

Not sure settling in cash will help.  They still have your credit card information from boarding so if they think they have found unpaid charges, they can still charge your card after the fact.   Perhaps you are thinking of not putting a credit card down on boarding and don't think that is feasible as they, if they will retain cash ask for a considerable amount of money to protect themselves.  YMMV. 

1 hour ago, rallydave said:

Not sure settling in cash will help.  They still have your credit card information from boarding so if they think they have found unpaid charges, they can still charge your card after the fact.   Perhaps you are thinking of not putting a credit card down on boarding and don't think that is feasible as they, if they will retain cash ask for a considerable amount of money to protect themselves.  YMMV. 

Thanks for pointing this out. I will ask. I certainly do not want to have incorrect charges on my credit card. It happened to me some years ago with Azamara. It was US 5. I had written a letter that time to the LCV representative. It was after Nicole left. No answer whatsoever. Since it was just US 5, I did not follow it up. However it should not happen. 

Ivi

24 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

I agree, no fun chasing down a refund!

Is the email address you used Azamara customerserviceuk@azamara.com?

No Bonnie

I spoke via telephone to an operative named Candy, who told me to send my evidence to 

customerrelationsuk@rccl.com.

I also sent the same to Richard Twyman at

RTwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com

Vicki

Edited by gymfreak

2 hours ago, gymfreak said:

No Bonnie

I spoke via telephone to an operative named Candy, who told me to send my evidence to 

Vicki

Definitely email our Azamara UK Customer Service! 

It is AzamaraCustomerServiceUK@Azamara.com

8 hours ago, gymfreak said:

No Bonnie

Vicki

I’m sure just a typo here, but the email you said you used says twynam, not twyman

14 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Definitely email our Azamara UK Customer Service! 

It is AzamaraCustomerServiceUK@Azamara.com

Thank you Bonnie

Did as you suggested yesterday , as yet no response not even an acknowledgement 

The only emails I am receiving from Azamara are trying to sell me another cruise🙄

we used a different email address provided by our Ta  customerrelationsuk@azamaraclubcruises.com  although we didnt get a reply to any of our emails we did get the phonecall from rc on behalf of Az saying the refund would be processed, as yet  nothing has appeared in our credit card account, wont hold my breath

3 minutes ago, cheznick said:

we used a different email address provided by our Ta  customerrelationsuk@azamaraclubcruises.com  although we didnt get a reply to any of our emails we did get the phonecall from rc on behalf of Az saying the refund would be processed, as yet  nothing has appeared in our credit card account, wont hold my breath

Another great reason to put erroneous charges in disputes with your credit card company.  With credit card disputes, the merchant has a set amount of time to respond and without a response or a late response, the credit card company will credit your account in full with no recourse to the merchant.  

You don't have this same protection when you work directly with the merchant.  The merchant can take as long as they want to respond or not respond at all and you will be obligated to the credit card company to pay the erroneous charge(s).

Always best to work directly with the merchant and at the same time put the charge(s) in dispute with the credit card company.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Another great reason to put erroneous charges in disputes with your credit card company.  With credit card disputes, the merchant has a set amount of time to respond and without a response or a late response, the credit card company will credit your account in full with no recourse to the merchant.  

You don't have this same protection when you work directly with the merchant.  The merchant can take as long as they want to respond or not respond at all and you will be obligated to the credit card company to pay the erroneous charge(s).

Always best to work directly with the merchant and at the same time put the charge(s) in dispute with the credit card company.

please read my original stating we could not put it into dispute because a full refund was made to our on board account but then 2 mystery drinks charges were added therefore only approx half the amount was refunded to our card after the drinks were taken off      impossible to put into dispute as far as i can see