Ocean Cay Answers from Divina Passenger-12/4

Nashna

This is from a poster on another FB Ocean Cay site who is currently sailing on Divina:

OC update: went to the yacht club director ocean cay talk on board MSC Divina, he has confirmed we will be docking there on the 5th December, the details I have are yacht club focused

1. Golf buggies to separate yacht club island area
2. Tram going around whole island - stops outside gate to yacht club area
3. Concrete path going around the whole island
4. Ocean house restaurant is in yacht club area - 75 covers at a time first come first served
5. Yacht club bar available in YC area - also 11 bars on the island and many food bars/trucks
6. Local restaurant is chargeable - but food trucks and buffet included
7. Lighthouse - shore excursion to go to the top
8. One ice cream shop on island which is chargeable as it is provided by locals and is not included in any packages
9. Lockers and showers available on island in bathrooms
10. Lighthouse show and lunar libre DJ in the evening
11. ATM machine available on the island
12. Umbrellas not included in yacht club area - need to be rented the same as the main island area

I’m sure many things will change over the coming weeks as things get more settled and bedded in

More to follow on Thursday.....Woop woop

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, psmarkle said:

Thank u sooo much for asking the questions.  I'm even more excited about OC now!  Did he mention when the actual YC area will open...I have read on these boards that it will sometime next year.

It is going to be open based on the FB post that was the briefing YC passengers received yesterday on what to expect in YC.  Of course, we will know more tomorrow.  But, I can't imagine that they would go into detail on how many seats were in the restaurant if the passengers were not able to use it.  It does appear to be ready for all the activities and judging from the photos the beach looks amazing.

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Thanks for this info.  You'd think they'd include umbrellas.

It is a bit odd, given the context of all things Yacht Club. There must be a good reason for that decision.  

For us, it's not a big deal.  We live in Ft. Lauderdale, so we don't cruise for the beach. This is the first time we're hitting a private island where almost everything is included. IIRC, Princess provides a buffet of grilled hot dogs, etc., but beverages were not included, even with the drink package. We are excited to get off and see it. We usually treat that day like a sea day. The dedicated YC area is a big draw, though.

For YC guests who want that umbrella, it does seem sort of nickle/dime grabbing.

• Like 1

Although it was steep, after seeing the "loungers" which look like they are blown up, the lack of shade, etc., I am very happy I booked a cabana in the YC area.  I appreciate your sending the pictures.

Thank you very much!

2 hours ago, js said:

Although it was steep, after seeing the "loungers" which look like they are blown up, the lack of shade, etc., I am very happy I booked a cabana in the YC area.  I appreciate your sending the pictures.

Thank you very much!

Can you please post some pics of the YC cabana and area?  We'll be there tomorrow and I'm very curious.