Getaway LIVE... December 8-13.

ClevelandCruisin

On 12/7/2019 at 1:57 PM, cruisinmeme said:

Enjoy your cruise big time. 
we were booked on this cruise and I had to call and cancel Thursday.  My grown son was life flighted from Baton Rouge to New Orleans with a brain bleed so I am in New Orleans but sitting in neuro ICU rather than headed to the ship tomorrow. 
we are booked for March 8 on Getaway so now I start another count down. 
my luggage is laying on bed in extra bedroom all packed.

i will follow you so I can play like I am there.

Hoping your son is doing better.  Sending positive thoughts, energy & prayers...

On 12/10/2019 at 7:37 AM, PortFees45 said:

I can't think of anything sadder than traveling to another country to eat at a lousy American chain restaurant like Bubba Gump Shrimp or Margaritaville. 

I'm with you there!  I mentioned to our guide in Ireland that it always made me sad to see American fast food restaurants in other countries.  He was so funny... he said, what are you talking about?  The Big Mac is the best thing that ever came out of the US!  Who cares that you went to the moon?  You invented the Big Mac!  I laughed, but I still hate seeing it.  There was a Burger King in the main square in Bruges.  Just didn't seem right...

• Like 3

Cleveland cruisin

i have followed your post and tried to pretend I was on the ship.lol

first off thank everyone for the prayers and positive thoughts for my son.  It was a week ago today he was life flighted here in New Orleans . Of coarse still in ICU and will be at lease through the weekend. He is doing well so good chance he will move to regular room Sunday or Monday. His big complain now is his back from being on it 24/7 for so long.  
the reason we booked the 5 days is my husband for some odd reason likes progresso. All the 7 day we usually do does not include progresso.

i enjoyed the little tour of the town but I detest the harassment at the straw market.  Get me out of here!!  
well I am starting my count down again. March 8th on the Getaway want come soon enough.

enjoy your last day tomorrow.

• Like 4

On 12/7/2019 at 7:13 PM, ClevelandCruisin said:

Back in my hotel room, counting the hours till the cruise.

New Orleans is a town  I just have no interest in seeing again. Everyone raves about how awesome it is, Bourbon Street... well no thanks. It's just as dirty as anywhere else, but with more drunk people on the streets... Less than Vegas. Bourbon Street and Broadway Street in Nashville have a lot in common.

Maybe I didn't experience enough of it for more days.

I've heard two other people say the town is dirty.  We will be there a day ahead of our cruise the end of January.  Want to at least go to Cafe Beignet, Jackson Square and hear some jazz in the streets, a decent meal and just relax before the next day.  I can do without the Bourbon Street nightlife but think the architecture and music/street performers would be neat to see.