Is there a suite area on Labadee?

mafig

11 hours ago, Snit13 said:

We were on Barefoot Beach the week before Thanksgiving and all 10 of us thought the buffet was so so.  I got a hot dog as nothing else looked that great.  It didn't seem much better than "steerage" buffet to quote a previous poster.  I was expecting better choices and a nicer presentation.  The line was just as long as the other buffet I ate at on previous non suite cruises.  Guess we hit an off day.  Did enjoy the lounges in shade of the palm trees and the golf cart ride.

Sorry you had a bad experience- have been to Barefoot beach multiple times.  We have been served steak, shrimp and scallops and other dishes not available on the "steerage" buffet.  And the lines weren't bad.  We do not like picked over foods and try to be the first on the buffet line- regardless of the venue

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Snit13 said:

We were on Barefoot Beach the week before Thanksgiving and all 10 of us thought the buffet was so so.  I got a hot dog as nothing else looked that great.  It didn't seem much better than "steerage" /V to quote a previous poster.  I was expecting better choices and a nicer presentation.  The line was just as long as the other buffet I ate at on previous non suite cruises.  Guess we hit an off day.  Did enjoy the lounges in shade of the palm trees and the golf cart ride.

Don't forget the food/buffet is ship dependent.

• 1 year later...

I have to laugh...the first time at Labadee in 2000, there was only a very small beach, very few chairs and we came over on tenders.  They lost many of the trees in some of the past hurricanes which is greatly needed by those of us who need shade.  I would pay for an umbrella if they offered it.  Haven't been to CocoCay since all of our recent cruises there have been cancelled.  We did, however, book 10 future cruises...some of which go to CocoCay.  We bought the pass for the private beach club that has the upgraded food choices.  Looking forward to seeing Labadee again & the private beach area where I have a better chance of finding shade.

8 hours ago, Cigar King said:

Seriously, why did you resurrect an 18 month old thread to post this?  I'm honestly curious how this happens?

That seems to be happening a lot lately. Someone just resurrected a 3 year old thread about deck #11 on Jewel...Yes I commented...couldn't resist to ask why ? :classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

That seems to be happening a lot lately. Someone just resurrected a 3 year old thread about deck #11 on Jewel

The CC search limit seems to have been increased a bit - to about 2 years, used to be less than that. Any thread resurrected more than two years old was likely found by an outside of CC search.

Biker, who gives props to folks who search instead of just creating a new thread.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

She wanted to tell us how many cruises she has booked? :classic_biggrin:

You may be right, but, why resurrect a 18 month old thread to do so?  I mean there are better ways for me to tell you about the ten cruises I have booked.  All of them in suites.  ☺️

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Biker, who gives props to folks who search instead of just creating a new thread.

No problem wit that, if in fact the comment is germane to the topic.  If not, start a new topic. 

Besides, generally speaking, search is more commonly used to find out if the question you have has already been asked.  No idea how often that happens around here, but based on the questions, I'm guessing not much.

• Like 1