Is there a suite area on Labadee?

mafig

1 hour ago, mafig said:

That sounds very nice.

Thank you, lovelife.

It is indeed nice. The lunch buffet is great. Too bad that RCCL didn't do the same sort of thing with Coco Cay. From what I've read, there is no special area for suites. Bummer. Not sure I'm going to like it there near as much as Labadee. Why must everything be "disney-fide" nowadays the way it seems?  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

It is indeed nice. The lunch buffet is great. Too bad that RCCL didn't do the same sort of thing with Coco Cay. From what I've read, there is no special area for suites. Bummer. Not sure I'm going to like it there near as much as Labadee. Why must everything be "disney-fide" nowadays the way it seems?  

That's correct - no special suite/Pinnacle area on Coco Cay.☹

Just now, Bailey & Sophie said:

Can you expand on the yummy lunch. We didn't hang around long enough last time to have lunch in the suite area. We're in a suite again in a couple of months and want to know more.

Thanks.

It’s a slightly upgraded lunch with some additional choices and far less crowded but I did not think it was all that special beyond that. 

one other note based on a comment made earlier:  you must be in a suite to reserve a cabana on Barefoot Beach. That is done through your Genie (Star) or Concierge (Sky).  Star guests get first choice. 

IMO the lunch is much better - shrimp and scallop skewers, steak, lamb, to name a few.  My son, who is in a balcony, got a cabana on Barefoott Beach for our group this past Tuesday so I thought it was open to whomever paid the price.😮

40 minutes ago, lovelife said:

IMO the lunch is much better - shrimp and scallop skewers, steak, lamb, to name a few.  My son, who is in a balcony, got a cabana on Barefoott Beach for our group this past Tuesday so I thought it was open to whomever paid the price.😮

It could have changed on the last couple of months...but are you sure it wasn’t on Nellie’s Beach?

On 12/8/2019 at 4:07 AM, jakeil7 said:

It could have changed on the last couple of months...but are you sure it wasn’t on Nellie’s Beach?

Ha ha. No, it wasn't  Nellie's - never been there. Sure know Barefoot Beach though. Have been there dozens of times.

15 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Before the renovation, coco key did have a nice suite area- they removed it for obscene cost cabanas and water park- it is now all about the bottom line.

1 minute ago, zotzer said:

Can we secure a barefoot beach cabana before the cruise, or do we have to wait until onboard and talk to the concierge? It's not showing as an option in my cruise planner to book ahead. 

Do it as soon as you get your email from the concierge. Usually 1 week prior. 

CoCo Cay is amazing overall, we were there on Thanksgiving. And it’s not even finished yet.

We love how now there are many eateries and no crowds.

Beach is better in Coco Cay.

43 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Beach is better in Coco Cay.

True. But that is offset by the land which feels cheap and a pure money grab.  Labadee just feels like they built it to feel more luxury and they at least tried to hide the money grab. Poorly 😝

True. But that is offset by the land which feels cheap and a pure money grab.  Labadee just feels like they built it to feel more luxury and they at least tried to hide the money grab. Poorly [emoji13]

I loved how in Coco cay it’s not one or two eateries with lines to eat, but many different venues. I didn’t use Park, and don’t understand why would you spend time there instead swimming in the ocean, but many places were really very comfortable. And umbrellas over all loungers are very welcome addition. Frankly they didn’t have to do it.

I didn’t feel like it was money grab place at all, but of course if somebody or even many people want to pay money there are ways to do it. More people pay for additional stuff more I can cruise (now it’s 5-6 cruises a year). I welcome all ways company can invent to make money as long as my vacation is affordable and comfortable :)

You have to love how things change.  3 years ago before they modified CocoCay if people were asked to compare the two stops the responses typically would have been that Cococay was unspoiled like a natural island (which it was) and that Labadee was the amusement park with the ziplines, slides and roller coasters

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You have to love how things change.  3 years ago before they modified CocoCay if people were asked to compare the two stops the responses typically would have been that Cococay was unspoiled like a natural island (which it was) and that Labadee was the amusement park with the ziplines, slides and roller coasters

Yes!

We've been to Barefoot Beach  many times....long before there was a pier....

We rented a Cabana once. It was Ok, but we did not like it. I felt "detached"

Much more pleased with chairs...early enough you can get one under a tree

But that's just us...the cabanas sell out fast!

3 hours ago, philnpen said:

I sure am glad there is a special area and lunch for suite guests!  I hate being in line to get food and having to stand next to some of the unwashed masses from steerage.

LOL- however anybody who is willing to pay for a suite- can have one-  Also if you have a friend in a suite, you can be a guest in their cabana on barefoot beach .  Steerage is welcome.... LOL  The price for a cabana on the other island coco cay is over $1000!  No special food either.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2019 at 3:22 PM, B-52 said:

We've been to Barefoot Beach  many times....long before there was a pier....

We rented a Cabana once. It was Ok, but we did not like it. I felt "detached"

Much more pleased with chairs...early enough you can get one under a tree

But that's just us...the cabanas sell out fast!

Being detached is what I really liked. It felt like I had the island to myself. With the exception of the cabana attendant - but they brought me booze on demand so I can make an exception for that 🙃

Edited by jakeil7
Poor English

We were on Barefoot Beach the week before Thanksgiving and all 10 of us thought the buffet was so so.  I got a hot dog as nothing else looked that great.  It didn't seem much better than "steerage" buffet to quote a previous poster.  I was expecting better choices and a nicer presentation.  The line was just as long as the other buffet I ate at on previous non suite cruises.  Guess we hit an off day.  Did enjoy the lounges in shade of the palm trees and the golf cart ride.