Booking second cruise on board

caribophile

I'm already booked to sail on the Nieuw Statendam out of Fort Lauderdale on January 5th. What are the odds that I might be able to book a second cruise on the Koningsdam January 12th sailing while I am on board the NS? I'd be booking the first or second day aboard the NS, only 5 or 6 days in advance of the Kdam sailing. 

14 minutes ago, caribophile said:

I'm already booked to sail on the Nieuw Statendam out of Fort Lauderdale on January 5th. What are the odds that I might be able to book a second cruise on the Koningsdam January 12th sailing while I am on board the NS? I'd be booking the first or second day aboard the NS, only 5 or 6 days in advance of the Kdam sailing. 

Cutting it close! Why not call HAL or if you have a PCC through HAL to see if you can 

book it now. We have done cruises we are on one HAL ship disembark and get on another to cruise but I am hyper vigilant and pre do everything!  I have no idea sorry! Hope you can do it on board. I would go directly to the HAL Cruise TA on board the first day to see if you can get on!

Good luck

Denise😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, caribophile said:

Why not book it now?

Doesn't the window close for new bookings that close to sailing because Homeland must check the manifest?  I had heard that from a reliable source.  Is it true?  Does anyone know?  It would make sense.  I know if a passenger already booked doesn't check in by a certain point, HAL raises a flag.  

I agree with everyone else.  If the second cruise is one you want to do, why not book now?

Edited by sevenseasnomad

3 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Doesn't the window close for new bookings that close to sailing because Homeland must check the manifest?  I had heard that from a reliable source.  Is it true?  Does anyone know?  It would make sense.  I know if a passenger already booked doesn't check in by a certain point, HAL raises a flag.  

No.  I called to book on the date of sail.  Reservations connected me with the accounting department because they could no longer bring it up on their screen.

21 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

I agree with everyone else.  If the second cruise is one you want to do, why not book now?

Homeland will be clearing OP   (Denise)  to  sail the cruise on which  she wants to book the "K" cruise.  IF  she has been cleared for that cruise, what issue could bar her from HS clearing her to  sail another cruise   immediately   (a matter of  few  minutes to check in)    following that?

Edited by sail7seas

I assume she's looking to book onboard to get some of the perks from doing an onboard booking.  Usu. some OBC and maybe an extra perk or two.

I'd shop some of the current sales though, you may get a better perk from a TA or through a fare sale than you'd get for booking on board and get the benefit of knowing your travel plans a little further in advance.  I know my TA often offers 10% of the fare back as an OBC, and I booked under a promo where I got free gratuities, 10% back, plus $100 OBC from a coupon for booking a verandah or above.

22 hours ago, jb008 said:

I assume she's looking to book onboard to get some of the perks from doing an onboard booking.  Usu. some OBC and maybe an extra perk or two.

I'd shop some of the current sales though, you may get a better perk from a TA or through a fare sale than you'd get for booking on board and get the benefit of knowing your travel plans a little further in advance.  I know my TA often offers 10% of the fare back as an OBC, and I booked under a promo where I got free gratuities, 10% back, plus $100 OBC from a coupon for booking a verandah or above.

9 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

I am guessing  maybe you mean  'usually' but it would be okay if we could know for sure. 

Yes, "usu." is short for usually, per a literal dictionary. 

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/usu

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/usu

BTW (By the way), I did include the proper punctuation on the abbreviation of usual, for the sake of clarity and accuracy. 🙂