Edge : Fine cut reservations

rance

Good morning all,

Just booked our cruise this am on the edge and pretty excited. I went on the cruise planner to book Fine cut restaurant and the only times available are for 9:00 pm or later.

My questions is: Will there be earlier times available on embarkation day if we go straight there or is there one booking system and this is as good as it gets?

Has anyone had any luck getting earlier times once on board?

Thanks

We made our reservation on board, because there was 6 of us and we couldn't do it online. If I remember correctly it was still a late seating, about 8:30. We did not have a great experience. It is not enclosed, so it opens to the atrium, where loud music was going on and you could barely hold a conversation. The chairs are also huge wing back chairs, that also make it difficult for conversation. I pretty much disappeared when I sat in it. My dh is 6’4” and fit much better, but still looked small compared to the chair. We also had to send back a couple of steaks because they were overcooked and by the time one came back dinner for everyone else was over and it still came back wrong. He did not have to pay for his meal, but it was uncomfortable for all of us! Sorry for the rant, just wanted to give you a heads up! I am sure there are many more good experiences, but we were just disappointed.    Kim

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, rance said:

Good morning all,

Just booked our cruise this am on the edge and pretty excited. I went on the cruise planner to book Fine cut restaurant and the only times available are for 9:00 pm or later.

My questions is: Will there be earlier times available on embarkation day if we go straight there or is there one booking system and this is as good as it gets?

Has anyone had any luck getting earlier times once on board?

Thanks

The options are, pending on when your sailing is, include:

1) Keep checking CP to find out if an earlier time becomes available;

2) Call CC to find out if they can assist with an earlier time; or

3) Wait until boarding and go directly to find out if there is space or if you can be on the wait list for earlier....

FSH is pretty popular and with good reason as I can attest!

bon appetite and bon voyage

They do hold back a few of the "prime times" for booking on the ship. Otherwise, nobody would book on impulse once on board! That said, I would go to the restaurant immediately on boarding to try and secure one if you know when you want to go.

11 minutes ago, hiccups said:

Please excuse the thread hijack, but are discounts ever available at Fine Cut, as they generally are for the specialty restaurants on other ships?

None on our sailing.  In fact there are no 1st night discounts in the CP as there are on the other ships.

• Like 1

Yes- book now and adjust later- If the time/day isn't good cancel and you will get a refund.  I also prefer sitting in the middle or near the window as it is quieter- However, have heard that now the music is better listening music- so might be nice to sit by the railing.

The food was very good.

3 hours ago, rance said:

Thank you all for responding. If you were going to do 1 speciality dining would you choose fine cut or petit chef? It has lots of early times available.

Thanks

Wow.  I cannot say both?  Le Petit Chef is a great experience- you get a show and dinner.  We enjoy both and always do both- get a package if you can.  The Fine Cut steak house is a steak house- not as good as Ruth Chris or Mortons- or other fine steak houses, but okay for a cruise ship.  You cannot get the Le Petit chef type restaurant at home.

I think you might be able to get a lunch at one of the venues so investigate.  Price might not be as high as you think.