Premier Beverage Packge- includes Specialty Coffee?

nini

We just booked a cruise with the current "Best Sale Ever" and the paperwork says that

a passenger will receive the "Premier Beverage Package" OR the "Premier Coffee & Soda

Package". 

I realize that the one for Coffee and Soda is for minors; but wanted to make sure that the Specialty

Coffees are also part of the Premier Beverage Package as I read somewhere else.

Thanks!  And no Coffee Card required?  😉

Yes, specialty coffees are included with the beverage package. You can even throw in some Baileys or Kaluha if you want! 😉 it will cost you one of your daily 15 beverages if you add the alcohol. 

NB there is no more coffee card. It is linked to your ship account through your medallion, or cruise card.

2 hours ago, polmcs said:

Yes, specialty coffees are included with the beverage package. You can even throw in some Baileys or Kaluha if you want! 😉 it will cost you one of your daily 15 beverages if you add the alcohol. 

NB there is no more coffee card. It is linked to your ship account through your medallion, or cruise card.

You wrote exactly what I was going to write. Just got off Coral and did that every other day.

In the past I was not able to get a speciality coffee and a liquor at the same time.  I guess if you put it in the drink it  is ok, but if you want to slip it separately it is not allowed unless you wait the required amount of time...

Hmm, I guess that would be so. If you had a sympathetic barista it might happen? Otherwise get the liquor/liqueur first so the coffee doesn't get cold!

On RCI they had certain alcohol-mixed drinks, and I think on HAL (especially since the Cafe is now in the same place as the Crows Nest bar), I think they can do this. Looking forward to our first Princess cruise WITH the PBP, to find out.

9 hours ago, Schonert said:

In the past I was not able to get a speciality coffee and a liquor at the same time.  I guess if you put it in the drink it  is ok, but if you want to slip it separately it is not allowed unless you wait the required amount of time...

I'm curious which ship/ which bar?

We've not had any issue with a shot for the coffee, poured in or served beside.  
As there is no limit on coffee for PBP, the time limit should not matter.  

Same for when we order both an alcoholic drink and a non at the same time - a drinkie plus a bottle of water or a pop.  

The restriction is supposed to be only on 2 ALCOHOLIC drinks simultaneously.  

Edited by cruisintoddler
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, cruisintoddler said:

We've not had any issue with a shot for the coffee, poured in or served beside.  
As there is no limit on coffee for PBP, the time limit should not matter.  

The restriction is supposed to be only on 2 ALCOHOLIC drinks simultaneously.  

I think Toddler is correct. If someone tells you you have to wait to get your shot at the same time as an espresso drink, just "suggest" that they punch it in at once and let the computer reject (or except) it, and it will be excepted.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I think Toddler is correct. If someone tells you you have to wait to get your shot at the same time as an espresso drink, just "suggest" that they punch it in at once and let the computer reject (or except) it, and it will be excepted.

It was in the Main Dining room,   Crown Princess, 

So we took to either having a regular coffee and the liquor or getting The Nutty Irishman.

But even at the International cafe the only other drink you could get while getting any drink (with or without alcohol) was water.  

3 hours ago, Schonert said:

It was in the Main Dining room,   Crown Princess, 

So we took to either having a regular coffee and the liquor or getting The Nutty Irishman.

But even at the International cafe the only other drink you could get while getting any drink (with or without alcohol) was water.  

Crown- that's frustrating.  We were on Crown in March 2019 and are going again on Crown Dec 27/19.  
We had no problems in March at dinner or at bars.  I hope we don't again.  
There must be a big inconsistency in training! 

Hope your next experience is better. 

Before our last cruise, it had been a few years since we'd been on one, so it took a couple of days to get our "cruise brains" functioning properly. We had the PBP, and would stop each morning after breakfast at the International Cafe. DH would get a strong coffee, and I'd have my salted caramel latte, taking time to add my extra cream/sugar. On day three it took me a bit longer to get to our table, and DH asked what the holdup had been. I handed him my coffee and suggested he smell it as I grinned. He did and raised an eybrow in inquiry. I pointed to the International Bar, where I had stopped to have the bartender, Keith, "adjust" my latte with a shot of Irish Cream. I reminded him, we're on a cruise; we used to do it this way all the time (working our way through the different "adult" coffees). He promptly got up and took his coffee over to Keith and came back smiling. There was no time limit or mention of any issue. This became a daily routine, and never a problem. 🥰

• Like 3

On 12/12/2019 at 8:22 PM, Schonert said:

On the Royal over Thanksgiving, we ordered some “adult” coffee/hot chocolate. The waiter gave us the cups of coffee/hot chocolate and then handed us separate glasses with the Bailey’s/Kaluha. He said that it was better doing it this way as you got a full pour by keeping them separate, vs just a shot if they were to add the liquor into the coffee/hot chocolate 😉  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We are going to Alaska in September 2020 and I was wondering if we could get adult hot chocolate and coffees. Thank you, for answering my question. My husband and I are now thinking of what type of adult coffee and hot chocolate we might have for breakfast. 

I usually order my cappuccino and grand marnier from anywhere you get cocktails (bars, dining rooms, shows) I've never had to go to the international cafe and then to get the booze separate. When I have the beverage package a coffee with alcohol counts as one drink. I have found that Princess is always happy to accommodate requests.