Is anybody alive at Azamara?

flyingron

Trying to deal with their website for my upcoming cruise and the thing has serious bugs in it.   I've attempted to reach people about this at 

AzamaraCustomerServiceUK@Azamara.com

which appears to be a black hole as well as

LeClubVoyage@AzamaraClubCruises.com

which at least sends back an automated response saying their received my inquiry, but I've got no answers.

3 hours ago, flyingron said:

Trying to deal with their website for my upcoming cruise and the thing has serious bugs in it.   I've attempted to reach people about this at 

AzamaraCustomerServiceUK@Azamara.com

which appears to be a black hole as well as

LeClubVoyage@AzamaraClubCruises.com

which at least sends back an automated response saying their received my inquiry, but I've got no answers.

Is there anything I can help you with re the website?

Figure out why my LCV # has disappeared.   It was there for a while.   Now it's gone.   I can't make it appear nor can I apply for another.   It always gives an error now.

On the CHECKIN Page where I put my emergency contact information it only has a place for a "first name" for the contact now and the name I put in there two days ago is now garbled (at least I was able to reenter it).

I've got very bad feelings about whether anything I enter online will have any effect when I show up in New Zealand and try to get on the boat.   This is putting a real bad taste in my mouth for my first cruise on Azamara.   The bugs are leading to an unprecedented level of frustration I've not experienced on any other line.

Edited by flyingron

Also, on the main page it seems to have forgotten my cell# and mangled my Surname.   Again, I reentered these things, but it leaves me wondering.

It appears I can't enter a name with a space for the emergency contact either even though it says "Use letters, hyphens, apostophes, and spaces."   Further it mangles the capitalization (removes all except the first uppercase letter).    Your own name would get mangled as Maclaird apparently.

Edited by flyingron

• 5 weeks later...

I've having more problems.   Checkin is scrogged because it refuses to accept my LCV number (which both the main screen and an LCV email previously) as valid and won't let me delete it.    The US 855AZAMARA number seems to have significant problems as well.   Twice I've been unable to hear what the other side is saying and once I was disconnected (and I tried both my cell and landlines to make the call, so the problem is "in our set" as they like to say).

I'm getting more and more worried about the competence of Azamara as a line.

I still have no proper itinerary nor instructions for embarkation.    This is a level of confusion I'm unaccustomed to with other lines.

Oh, and I've never heard anything from my previous inquiries at Azamara other than the one person at the LCV desk who was able to confirm my number.

Edited by flyingron

Contact our LCV ambassador Sandra at lcvambassador@leclubvoyage.com about the web issues. She should be able to help you. 

I’m most curious why you say you have no itinerary nor embarkation instructions. 

What is your departure date? 

February 8  Auckland to Sydney.   The only thing I've received other than solicitations of shore excursions was the receipt for our final payment.     Most cruise lines send a packet with a real itinerary (which I've yet to see anywhere, I've gleaned relevant details from the Plan Your Voyage section of the website), luggage tags, and information on check in.    I've got a "boarding pass" now (after much beating on the site, I managed to REMOVE my LCV # from the checkin screen to allow it to proceed) but I've got no idea when or where to go to actually board.     

If you had used a travel agent you would have all of your cruise documentation already 😉

You should be able to find embarkation port information on the azamara website in the already booked/ before you board section

Edited by laurieb

3 hours ago, laurieb said:

If you had used a travel agent you would have all of your cruise documentation already 😉

You should be able to find embarkation port information on the azamara website in the already booked/ before you board section

Where?  I find boarding passes/checkin but that doesn't provide any information.

The only other things on the cruise page are attempts to sell me onboard packages and shore excursions.
Travel agent says she's requested luggage tags now, but I still don't have embarkation information or a real itinerary.

There is a section that's marked "Your Documents" but it says I don't have any.

image.thumb.png.5acdaedbb81bcb4b9b34ff146c05ed3b.png

Edited by flyingron

12 hours ago, flyingron said:

Where?  I find boarding passes/checkin but that doesn't provide any information.

The only other things on the cruise page are attempts to sell me onboard packages and shore excursions.
Travel agent says she's requested luggage tags now, but I still don't have embarkation information or a real itinerary.

There is a section that's marked "Your Documents" but it says I don't have any.

image.thumb.png.5acdaedbb81bcb4b9b34ff146c05ed3b.png

Your travel agent isn’t doing her job!  The docs are available to her through your booking number and they have no doubt been emailed to her too.  She should have emailed your itinerary to you long ago.  She’s the one you should be requesting your information from.  If she’s telling you otherwise, you need a new agent 

Edited by laurieb

On 1/15/2020 at 5:24 PM, flyingron said:

February 8  Auckland to Sydney.   The only thing I've received other than solicitations of shore excursions was the receipt for our final payment.     Most cruise lines send a packet with a real itinerary (which I've yet to see anywhere, I've gleaned relevant details from the Plan Your Voyage section of the website), luggage tags, and information on check in.    I've got a "boarding pass" now (after much beating on the site, I managed to REMOVE my LCV # from the checkin screen to allow it to proceed) but I've got no idea when or where to go to actually board.     

Have you booked any air tickets through Choice Air for this cruise?  Sometimes bookings with air included are very late to release the documents and luggage tags.  

13 hours ago, laurieb said:

Your travel agent isn’t doing her job!  The docs are available to her through your booking number and they have no doubt been emailed to her too.  She should have emailed your itinerary to you long ago.  She’s the one you should be requesting your information from.  If she’s telling you otherwise, you need a new agent 

I had exactly the same problem so I went to our TA yesterday and her reply was that I had timed it well because the document had just arrived.  Unfortunately I think they were sitting on them and hadn't passed them on.

Your CC location shows North Carolina.  Why did you contact AzamaraCustomerServiceUK@Azamara.com?

But as others have mentioned, in the future you should protect yourself by dealing with a real travel agent [not an internet black hole].  We can't recommend travel agents on CC – so as a safe non-political conversation starter on your cruise, ask "Do you have a good travel agent?"  If they say yes, ask how much they get in rebates [10% is good; anything less than 5% is not good]

10 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Your CC location shows North Carolina.  Why did you contact AzamaraCustomerServiceUK@Azamara.com?

But as others have mentioned, in the future you should protect yourself by dealing with a real travel agent [not an internet black hole].  We can't recommend travel agents on CC – so as a safe non-political conversation starter on your cruise, ask "Do you have a good travel agent?"  If they say yes, ask how much they get in rebates [10% is good; anything less than 5% is not good]

While I completely agree with you about why did he message Azamara UK, believe from a post I read earlier today that has now been removed he bought a Wine Tour Package from an online company that is not really a TA but, a seller of all things travel that packaged a wine tour with a cruise and likely they do the least they can because they don't hold your hand like a real TA booking cruises.

And they would be the ones to forward the information as they would get the documents in bulk for all the cabins they booked for their inclusive tour.  In this case blaming Azamara or telling him to contact Azamara won't help as this online company has privity of contract with the poster and simply is not doing the job they will be collecting commissions for.

And, likely no retort for the poster as companies like the one mentioned book these as non-refundable/non-cancelable.  I wish him good luck however if he wants and help he needs to push the company he sent his money to.

• Like 1

I got an email from Azamara yesterday with all my details on embarkation.   The LCV desk promises that despite the fact that their website is screwed up, that I'll get credit for the cruise.   I've still not heard from anybody at Azamara about the problems with their website, but I guess it's not my problem anymore.

And indeed the embarkation information on the Booked Menu on the site is completely wrong.   I'd be on the wrong wharf entirely if I followed that out-of-date information.