Has this ever happened to you?

Curly-Q

If so, what happened afterwards?

Our Neptune aft wrap balcony on the Zuiderdam flooded today and we had to move to a balcony room— which we hate—probably for the remainder of our 10 day cruise ending on December 20.  Our cabin feels like a closet compared to our suite, and we spend a lot of time in our cabin, which is why we book Neptune’s.  Has anyone had this problem before?  If so, what was done?

BTW,  the ship just came out of a 10 day dry dock and we think there was an existing problem in the next door cabin.  The passenger(s) next to us were relocated to a different cabin a few days ago. However, today’s flood was solely due to a HUGE error by a crew member.  Luckily we did not sustain any damage since none of our belongings were on the floor.  I’m wondering if this kind of stuff happens more than we think.

Sorry this   happened but it is not unheard of...... it certainly happens in hotels and large apart ment/condo buildings.  Be reasonable in  your expectations    and don't ask  for  the moon.

• Like 2

Oh dear 😞 

Can’t blame you for being unhappy.  I would not be a happy camper at all.

You should not only be compensated for the cost of your Neptune but receive some type of compensation to say the least.

Hopefully you still have the use of the concierge and the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast?

It can’t take 10 days to dry out a room unless the problem can’t be fixed so maybe you can be moved back after it has been dried, cleaned and sanitized?

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

My brother had his room flood on an Oceania cruise.  Unfortunately for him the ship was full to capacity and there was no compensation except a t-sh

Sadly, that doesn’t surprise me in the least.

Having sailed on a not so great O cruise, I’ve seen their attitude on board and at head office.

• Like 1

Worse cruise EVER!  For those interested, it was Neptune 5190, port aft wrap around balcony.  Cabins to the side and below were affected, all because of a major error by a crew member. If you’re in this cabin in the near future, know that it was completely flooded with 2+ inches of water. Five cabins had to be relocated that we know of.  Our relocation cabin was smaller than our Neptune balcony.  I expect mold or mildew to be a future problem, because it’s only a routine turn over on Friday.  I suspect it’s Holland’s “do more with less” policy that caused all the problems.

This cruise got off to a rocky start and we’d hoped it wasn’t a bad omen (as OPs have stated) but, apparently, it was.  We sincerely regret booking this cruise for both our milestone birthdays celebration.  Though we enjoyed the food and found the service to be great, lack of enough staff on board during Half Moon Cay port was very noticeable.  They provided a partial refund in OBC, but it didn’t really make up for the inconvenience of having to move to a much smaller cabin and we had our perks, though at a disadvantage.  

From a very reliable source—not a passenger—25% of the cabins on this “post dry dock” cruise reported cabin problems.  I find that shocking!   HAL along with the other cookie cutter lines spend all their effort and money on building mega ships, leaving their existing ships to deteriorate.  We don’t mind a minor problem or issue, but this cruise went beyond that. We have never experienced such problems on any cruise line and cancelled all our future HAL bookings.  We certainly will not recommend HAL after this experience.

Worse cruise EVER!  For those interested, it was Neptune 5190, port aft wrap around balcony.  Cabins to the side and below were affected, all because of a major error by a crew member. If you’re in this cabin in the near future, know that it was completely flooded with 2+ inches of water. Five cabins had to be relocated that we know of.  Our relocation cabin was smaller than our Neptune balcony.  I expect mold or mildew to be a future problem, because it’s only a routine turn over on Friday.  I suspect it’s Holland’s “do more with less” policy that caused all the problems.

This cruise got off to a rocky start and we’d hoped it wasn’t a bad omen (as OPs have stated) but, apparently, it was.  We sincerely regret booking this cruise for both our milestone birthdays celebration.  Though we enjoyed the food and found the service to be great, lack of enough staff on board during Half Moon Cay port was very noticeable.  They provided a partial refund in OBC, but it didn’t really make up for the inconvenience of having to move to a much smaller cabin and we had our perks, though at a disadvantage.  

From a very reliable source—not a passenger—25% of the cabins on this “post dry dock” cruise reported cabin problems.  I find that shocking!   HAL along with the other cookie cutter lines spend all their effort and money on building mega ships, leaving their existing ships to deteriorate.  We don’t mind a minor problem or issue, but this cruise went beyond that. We have never experienced such problems on any cruise line and cancelled all our future HAL bookings.  We certainly will not recommend HAL after this experience.

What was the nature of the error? Did they forget to close a valve?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are in 5190 in 2 week.  As my husband says, I have “super sniffer”.  I am not a fan of musty odors and I am allergic to mold.  Hoping for the best.  At least we have a great balcony to escape to.  We will beep everything off the floor.

Was this a clean water or “toilet water” flood?

It was a “clean” water flood.  They were working on a leak and either cut an active water pipe or someone turned a water valve back on prematurely.  Either way, it was an avoidable error.  Even the sofa was wicking the water.  There were many other problems especially with air conditioning in many areas.

The deck was the best we’ve ever had and it was a shame to not have it for the entire cruise.  We’re in the forward nose and are experiencing a rough ride into FLL. 

Things can go wrong and did, its how the problems are handled that matter from my perspective. I am not sure what else I would expect HAL to do, that they did not. I would not book an inaugural cruise or a pre or post dock cruise, too much chance of problems and preparations for the dry dock interfering with my cruise for me.