Pullman bed in Cabin

geordiebing

It might depend on the ship.  We had a 3rd bed (pullman) balcony on the Caribbean Princess but we needed it as we had 3 people in our party.  If you need to use the pullman, the cabin needs to be configured with twin beds vs. a queen.  The pullman is on the wall shared with the closet and does stick out from the wall about 6 inches when stored.  Since one of the twin beds was under it we didn't notice the protrusion of the stored pullman. I have been told that if you have a queen configuration you need to be mindful of the pullman so that you don't hit your head or shoulder.  Take a piece of bright orange duct tape to place on the corner to help remind you it is there.

16 hours ago, geordiebing said:

Just found out my Balcony cabin that I have been allocated has A Pullman bed for a third person if required . Is this going to be a problem, will it get it the  way.

I don't need it so should I try to get it changed.

Many thanks

No, it won't be in the way.  It will either fold out of the ceiling or the wall and stick out only a few inches when not being used.  Not something you need to worry about ☺️. Have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by Plant

16 hours ago, geordiebing said:

Just found out my Balcony cabin that I have been allocated has A Pullman bed for a third person if required . Is this going to be a problem, will it get it the  way.

I don't need it so should I try to get it changed.

Many thanks

No matter where the pull down/out bed is located, it will stick out about 6-8 or so inches from the wall.  Where it is located can be a problem.  My advice is to get another state room without the third bed. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Princess balcony cabins 3rd berth normally come down from a recessed position in the ceiling.

When retracted in the ceiling they are flush.

Ocean View and inside cabins can have berths the fold up against the wall and protrude about 10 inches.

Agreed.

Some inside cabins have ceiling-mounted beds but you would not even notice it unless you looked for it. We find the wall-mounted beds to be a bit intrusive. They stick out about 7 inches and can be a hazard if the bed is made up as a queen. With the beds made up as singles, they aren't such a problem but a person who sits up in bed can on occasions hit their head on the folded-up bed.

• 8 months later...

We are crossing our fingers that our a 2021 Mediterranean cruise booked on the Enchanted Princess is going to happen.  The ship is - in theory - similar to the Royal, Regal, Majestic, or Sky Princess, and we just got a notice of upgrade to Deluxe Balcony cabin D 617.  I have to let my travel agent know if we do not want the upgrade. Otherwise they will just move us.

Based on the messages above, it sounds as though if you are upgraded from a balcony to a Deluxe Balcony cabin that has a pullman you don't need (the little triangle), the pullman will be recessed in the ceiling.

I won't need to worry about bumping my head or my shoulder on it.  Is that right?

If something is sticking out, I am very likely to bump into it.

Thank you so much. 

Jennifer

I didn't think that any balcony or higher category cabins had beds on the wall. I thought they all were recessed into the ceiling. I know other categories have beds on the walls (and I would never want one of those cabins) but I was pretty certain that balcony and higher categories didn't have that issue. I really question if that is the case.

11 hours ago, SnowCrocus said:

We are crossing our fingers that our a 2021 Mediterranean cruise booked on the Enchanted Princess is going to happen.  The ship is - in theory - similar to the Royal, Regal, Majestic, or Sky Princess, and we just got a notice of upgrade to Deluxe Balcony cabin D 617.  I have to let my travel agent know if we do not want the upgrade. Otherwise they will just move us.

Based on the messages above, it sounds as though if you are upgraded from a balcony to a Deluxe Balcony cabin that has a pullman you don't need (the little triangle), the pullman will be recessed in the ceiling.

I won't need to worry about bumping my head or my shoulder on it.  Is that right?

If something is sticking out, I am very likely to bump into it.

Thank you so much. 

Jennifer

Fairly sure the 3rd person in a deluxe balcony is accommodated with the convertible love seat. If it isn't the love seat the 3rd berth will be recessed into the ceiling. In any case there isn't a 3rd bunk attached to the wall.