Balcony guarantee all that is available

Dixe Lee

We are going to book EOS for April 3, 2021 on a Southern Caribbean itinerary.  Only balcony rooms available are in the guarantee category. Why is this and what does this mean? Are all balcony rooms already booked? Should we book that? Any room with a balcony is fine with us as this is a treat and reward to us as we usually book interior; have only booked a balcony room twice. Just surprised and puzzled why we cannot pick the room when you can in the other cabin categories.

4 minutes ago, Dixe Lee said:

We are going to book EOS for April 3, 2021 on a Southern Caribbean itinerary.  Only balcony rooms available are in the guarantee category. Why is this and what does this mean? Are all balcony rooms already booked? Should we book that? Any room with a balcony is fine with us as this is a treat and reward to us as we usually book interior; have only booked a balcony room twice. Just surprised and puzzled why we cannot pick the room when you can in the other cabin categories.

Could be. Not that many Balcony Cabins on her and this is Spring Break

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Enchantment or Explorer?

Have you called Royal or a travel agent about stateroom availablity?

Enchantment does southern. Both this and week after Balcony Booked up, other Cabins available. Not many Balconies on her and it April- Spring Break... Agree on the TA or a wait list

Edited by ONECRUISER

6 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Enchantment or Explorer?

Have you called Royal or a travel agent about stateroom availablity?

Enchantment. I was going to ask when I booked but wanted to not sound like a dummy ☺️ We never thought about this being spring break. If we book the guarantee as location of the room is not an issue will we get at least that category? Does Royal ever run out of the category booked as a guarantee?

16 minutes ago, Dixe Lee said:

Enchantment. I was going to ask when I booked but wanted to not sound like a dummy ☺️ We never thought about this being spring break. If we book the guarantee as location of the room is not an issue will we get at least that category? Does Royal ever run out of the category booked as a guarantee?

Royal very rarely gives other than the mimimum category that is guaranteed.  I can only remember one thread about someone who was bumped, but Royal evenutally made that right.

4 minutes ago, Dixe Lee said:

Very rarely.  In the old days they would have booked your guarantee counting on an existing balcony reservation to cancel, and put you in that cabin.  In the event there was no cancellation and they couldn't upsell someone else to a higher category, they would have upgraded someone (possibly you) to a higher category.

Now with Royal Up, they have a readily available list of who will pay what for an upgrade and can upgrade those willing to pay the most with no need to upgrade anyone for free.  Your cabin assignment will likely come from someone whose Royal Up bid to a higher category got accepted.

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Royal very rarely gives other than the mimimum category that is guaranteed.  I can only remember onc thread about someone who was bumped, but Royal evenutally made that right.

You are a wealth of information Thanks I think we will gamble on that.

1 minute ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Very rarely.  In the old days they would have booked your guarantee counting on an existing balcony reservation to cancel, and put you in that cabin.  In the event there was no cancellation and they couldn't upsell someone else to a higher category, they would have upgraded someone (possibly you) to a higher category.

Now with Royal Up, they have a readily available list of who will pay what for an upgrade and can upgrade those willing to pay the most with no need to upgrade anyone for free.  Your cabin assignment will likely come from someone whose Royal Up bid to a higher category got accepted.

Interesting Sounds like we wouldn’t get hurt and maybe get a better cabin category to boot. But if we were to end up in a balcony room at the lowest category we would not have lost anything.

We booked a suite guaranty on Anthem and there were no suites available when we booked a few months before the sailing.  We fully expected to get a junior suite and were fine with that.  We waited until the week prior to sailing to finally get our cabin assignment and were thrilled to see we were assigned a two bedroom grand suite!  We were very happy we took a chance with the GTY.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We booked a suite guaranty on Anthem and there were no suites available when we booked a few months before the sailing.  We fully expected to get a junior suite and were fine with that.  We waited until the week prior to sailing to finally get our cabin assignment and were thrilled to see we were assigned a two bedroom grand suite!  We were very happy we took a chance with the GTY.

We should be so lucky! That is awesomeness totally 😁 we both turn 65 in 2021 so a balcony will be a present to ourselves We usually book interior but not this cruise Going to splurge and was wondering what the chances would be of any type of upgrade Right now the balcony guarantee is less than choosing our room and since the location of the room doesn’t matter I think we will go for it. Nothing to lose and maybe a little luck will come our way. Won’t be disappointed regardless of how this turns out. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dixe Lee said:

We should be so lucky! That is awesomeness totally 😁 we both turn 65 in 2021 so a balcony will be a present to ourselves We usually book interior but not this cruise Going to splurge and was wondering what the chances would be of any type of upgrade Right now the balcony guarantee is less than choosing our room and since the location of the room doesn’t matter I think we will go for it. Nothing to lose and maybe a little luck will come our way. Won’t be disappointed regardless of how this turns out. 

All of the balcony cabins are the same size on Enchantment.  The only difference will be location.