Anthem North Star

Going on my second cruise.  This time on Anthem and will be the first time I'll have been on the North Star.  I did book a reservation for one of the available times.  All of the availabilities were for at sea days so I took one of those.   I was wondering if they operated the North Star when the ship is in a port, or approaching a port?   There weren't any availabilities for any port days. 

My understanding is that 25% of all activities are reserved for on board booking.  As soon as you board go to location where staff is available to take reservations (on my August cruise it was in the Music Hall) and ascertain availability in not only North Star but also any other on board entertainment. 

As a solo cruiser I have great success accessing the North Star on a walk up, standby basis. 

A group of four would have less luck but might possibly get on standby all together.  A couple would achieve results somewhere in between what a solo cruiser can do and what a larger group can do.  It all depends who doesn't show up for a reservation.  

Any box office staff can assist modifying reservations on boarding day.

9 hours ago, nelblu said:

My understanding is that 25% of all activities are reserved for on board booking.  As soon as you board go to location where staff is available to take reservations (on my August cruise it was in the Music Hall) and ascertain availability in not only North Star but also any other on board entertainment. 

It is easier and more accurate to use the RCL app and book it yourself. We stood in line last time we were on the anthem. The person taking the reservation was one of the dancers picking up a few extra hours ($$$) by doing reservations on embarkation day. She was clueless and screwed up our reservations. Never again. 

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

It is easier and more accurate to use the RCL app and book it yourself. We stood in line last time we were on the anthem. The person taking the reservation was one of the dancers picking up a few extra hours ($$$) by doing reservations on embarkation day. She was clueless and screwed up our reservations. Never again. 

From my experience, I've had very good fortunes whether on the Anthem or any of the Oasis class ships..