Laundry Services on Seaside

patsfan2014

I can't remember the onboard prices but if you buy it in advance it is a lot cheaper.  I purchased the 40 pieces for $49 on the internet in advance.  The laundry service was great!  Clothes came back pressed and very clean.  I like that they use fragrance free detergents which is great since spouse has a fragrance allergy.

If bought in advance I highly suggest you take your receipt with you.  I had problems even though I had my receipt because GS said corporate said they had no record of my purchase.  I ended up having to go to the hotel director to get my laundry done.  Everything was taken care of after I complained to him.  Never had that problem in the past.

2 hours ago, patsfan2014 said:

Can anyone give any info on what Seaside offers for laundry services? Looking for price range. Thanks for any info!

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/Laundry-Packages.aspx

This is packages which you can purchase prior to boarding. There is also costs for baby to 6-years old. We felt the laundry package was great and well worth it since we would be continuing our vacation after the cruise. I can attest it was well done and worth the money. You do not have to send all of your laundry at once.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/Laundry-Packages.aspx

This is packages which you can purchase prior to boarding. There is also costs for baby to 6-years old. We felt the laundry package was great and well worth it since we would be continuing our vacation after the cruise. I can attest it was well done and worth the money. You do not have to send all of your laundry at once.

On the Divina, they told us we had to send it all out at once, on the Seaside you can send out a few pieces at a time.

We did the 10 piece package when we were on the Seaside in October. I don't remember exactly but I think we prepaid only $20 or so. We were on for 14 days so we only sent the pants, shirts, shorts, etc as we packed enough underwear. We forgot to send it out in the morning so our butler hand carried it to the laundry late in the afternoon. We still got it back the next day, everything was ironed and on hangers.

Beats the was and fold we get as a perk on Celebrity, even though it's free.

20 minutes ago, Nashna said:

Does anyone know if they follow washing instructions on the labels?  I have several articles of clothing that say "hand wash" or lie flat to dry and would hate to see them ruined.

You fill out a order sheet and select “laundry” or “dry cleaning” for each item. For “hand wash” or “lie flat to dry” you better select the dry cleaning option otherwise it could end up in washer & dryer. There is no price difference if you buy a laundry package pre-cruise.

2 hours ago, SirWolf said:

You fill out a order sheet and select “laundry” or “dry cleaning” for each item. For “hand wash” or “lie flat to dry” you better select the dry cleaning option otherwise it could end up in washer & dryer. There is no price difference if you buy a laundry package pre-cruise.

We were on the Seaside in October and the package was $5 cheaper prepaid than on the ship. This was for the ten piece one.

4 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

We were on the Seaside in October and the package was $5 cheaper prepaid than on the ship. This was for the ten piece one.

I was trying to say that there is no difference in price for “laundry” and “dry cleaning” service since the package is per item. The dry cleaning store in my town charges almost 3x the price for dry cleaning. While cruising I send some pieces to dry cleaning rather than taking the risk that something happens to my clothing.

27 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

The pre purchased laundry packages only include washing and ironing services, dry cleaning is not included. If you require items dry cleaning they'll need to be sent and paid for separately, price list from our most recent cruise. 

20191024_181602.jpg

Not my experience on MSC Seaview, Bellissima & Meraviglia. We checked “dry cleaning” for my dress pants and my DW dresses including one cocktail dress. These items went definitely not through “laundry”. They were delivered clean, fresh and ironed on hangers to our stateroom for no additional charge.