Coco Cay Pier

dlwolf72

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Last Spring booked a B2B2B the day was released. Couple weeks later they Changed my whole 3rd leg from West Carib to Key West, Nassau and Coco Cay. Should give passengers a kickback in saved Millage. Coco Cay might be only stop I get off for a minute

Yup, for us....it's a lot like when they changed Labadee.  As the same as there, we will simply get off the ship, take a walk around, then back to the ship.  If I want theme park, I will drive to Orlando.  

20 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup, for us....it's a lot like when they changed Labadee.  As the same as there, we will simply get off the ship, take a walk around, then back to the ship.  If I want theme park, I will drive to Orlando.  

Agree. My Kids/Grands are Jealous I'm getting there first, I'm not... Really miss old 80's Labadee. Rustic, no water park/toys/jet skis, only floating Mats. Only Buildings was a single bathroom, and a covered picnic area with no walls to keep you out the Sun. No straw market/people selling wares, though actually had local guy sitting on Surf Board on the Sharknet. Without a Pier only Tenders to get ashore were ones Cruise Ship carried. Quiet, relaxing and had a great Barbecue. Hamburg patties were hand made, not preformed. Paper Plates, Plastic silverware and Straws. Drinks all came in Cans/bottles, no fountain drinks. Of course back then could also Golf or Skeet Shoot off back of the Cruise Ship....

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Survey crews at Labadee in December.  They must be in the early stages of planning changes for Labadee.  

I have heard/read that the waterpark is getting an expansion. Can't find the article off hand, but remember reading it 2-3 months ago... 

23 hours ago, Biker19 said:

For context, O class (the ship in the pic below) is about 1200ft (1/5 mile)

image.thumb.png.68844d24c32b7e20188c4910976d46bf.png

19 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

That is great picture, thank you. It appears that the walk down the pier  is only about as long as the ship itself.

The walk on the pier seems much longer!  M

Google maps has a measure distance function too. I got 1198 feet when measuring the ship (close enough). From the end of the pier to the aqua icon for "Perfect Day at CocoCay" I get 1765 feet. About a third of a mile.

On 12/26/2019 at 4:12 PM, ONECRUISER said:

Agree. My Kids/Grands are Jealous I'm getting there first, I'm not... Really miss old 80's Labadee. Rustic, no water park/toys/jet skis, only floating Mats. Only Buildings was a single bathroom, and a covered picnic area with no walls to keep you out the Sun. No straw market/people selling wares, though actually had local guy sitting on Surf Board on the Sharknet. Without a Pier only Tenders to get ashore were ones Cruise Ship carried. Quiet, relaxing and had a great Barbecue. Hamburg patties were hand made, not preformed. Paper Plates, Plastic silverware and Straws. Drinks all came in Cans/bottles, no fountain drinks. Of course back then could also Golf or Skeet Shoot off back of the Cruise Ship....

You got that right!!  We loved Labadee when it was a tendered port.  The very best beach and snorkeling was where the pier is now.  Natural and full of pretty birds, water was clean...sigh.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

You got that right!!  We loved Labadee when it was a tendered port.  The very best beach and snorkeling was where the pier is now.  Natural and full of pretty birds, water was clean...sigh.  

Yes, thats the one, only Beach I ever spent time on...over and over

• Like 1