Butcher Cut Meravaglia

MrsFops&FopsC5

We are sailing next week and are interested in dining one night in Butcher Cut.  Does anyone have a copy of the menu and is the cost a flat price like other cruise lines or is everything alacarte?  We didn’t purchase the 3 different restaurant packages because we enjoy dining in either the buffet or dining room.  Thank you for the info!

You can download a pdf here.  Scroll down to find the download link.

Not that the menu is two pages.  Page two shows the flat price offerings "the dining experience".  $39pp read the small print for how many items you can order.

Also - you cannot use the easy alcohol package in the speciality restaurants. 

It's not what I've experienced in speciality restaurants on other cruiselines where it's a flat price, order all you want, with an upcharge for certain items., and your alcohol package is included.

17 hours ago, MrsFops&FopsC5 said:

We are sailing next week and are interested in dining one night in Butcher Cut.  Does anyone have a copy of the menu and is the cost a flat price like other cruise lines or is everything alacarte?  We didn’t purchase the 3 different restaurant packages because we enjoy dining in either the buffet or dining room.  Thank you for the info!

We were very disappointed in Butcher's Cut on our Meraviglia Baltic cruise earlier this year.  The service was obsequious, rather than good (I don't need to be told, at least a dozen times, 'thank you for coming') and neither of our steaks were cooked to the doneness we requested.  To the degree that I had to send something back for the first time in my life.

We may or may not try it on our Seaside cruise next November.  I'll be watching reviews between now and then.

OTOH, we very much enjoyed the Teppanyaki restaurant on that cruise.  So much so we went back a second time.

One thing we thought ridiculous is that it was an extra $5 for a baked potato with the dining package. Most lines let you choose from most of the main menu in their steakhouse with their dining packages, so we were pretty surprised that they would charge extra for a baked potato on top of having a much smaller menu.

21 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Sorry to read your meal was sub standard our Butchers Cut meal was excellent.

We had the Filet Mignon and the NY Sirloin.

The whole time we were on Meraviglia every steak we got was cooked poorly - never to the desired doneness - whether in the Butcher's Cut or the YC restaurant.  I was very surprised because as one who loves to cook I know it just isn't that hard to get a steak's doneness correct.  And if the line cook can't do it by feel, then they should make them use instant read thermometers to check.

OTOH, at the Divina YC restaurant our food was always pretty much perfectly prepared, so I am hoping it was just a Meraviglia issue and Sesside will be more like Divina, in this regard.

4 minutes ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

The whole time we were on Meraviglia every steak we got was cooked poorly - never to the desired doneness - whether in the Butcher's Cut or the YC restaurant.  I was very surprised because as one who loves to cook I know it just isn't that hard to get a steak's doneness correct.  And if the line cook can't do it by feel, then they should make them use instant read thermometers to check.

OTOH, at the Divina YC restaurant our food was always pretty much perfectly prepared, so I am hoping it was just a Meraviglia issue and Sesside will be more like Divina, in this regard.

That’s awful we certainly wouldn’t have been happy either.

As you say cooking a steak correctly isn’t exactly rocket science.

We were in the YC and out waiter advised us to skip the filet and order rib eye or the NY Strip.  We specified how we wanted it cooked and they came out perfect.  I chose the seafood platter as my main dish which comes from Ocean Cay restaurant and it was divine.  If you have not purchased a dining package everything is a la carte just like any other high end steak house,

22 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

That’s awful we certainly wouldn’t have been happy either.

As you say cooking a steak correctly isn’t exactly rocket science.

Yeah, I was kind of shocked.  My local Texas Roadhouse gets it right every time and yet they couldn't get it right anywhere I went on the ship.  And I order it the most common way good steak is ordered - medium rare.  The only steak I had that was properly cooked the first time was in the Teppanyaki restaurant, which we though was very good.

Hoping for better on Seaside next Nov.  Still on the MSC Yacht Club train - this didn't change that.