Water Fountain on Carnival Spirit?

WorkerBee74

At the beverage stations on the lido there are water spigots near the ice dispenser. It's considered a healthy thing and courtesy to use a Carnival cup to fill with water and then use the cup to fill your bottle rather than sticking the bottle under the spigot itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

At the beverage stations on the lido there are water spigots near the ice dispenser. It's considered a healthy thing and courtesy to use a Carnival cup to fill with water and then use the cup to fill your bottle rather than sticking the bottle under the spigot itself.

They will also gladly fill it for you at any bar.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

And the water from those sources is the same as comes out of your bathroom faucet in your cabin.  EM

Sorry I think you are totally incorrect. If it did your water for your drinks would be terrible. The water at the bar is excellent.

15 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Need your room ice bucket filled? They will do that also. 

I can see them filling an ice bucket   Not a drinking cup for soda.

BUT i hear how people were able to get a soda refill using their own cup.   (I have no had that experience and have been told its a health issue

3 hours ago, serene56 said:

I can see them filling an ice bucket   Not a drinking cup for soda.

BUT i hear how people were able to get a soda refill using their own cup.   (I have no had that experience and have been told its a health issue

You forget the special soda cup you get from the cruise lines. They refill it all the time. Same as a glass of water. I have seen many people get there water bottle filled at the bar. So they do do it. Weather you do it or not. Just saying what I have seen. Not going to be ice water. Use a Carnival tumbler and get your ice and water.

Carnival tumbler.JPG

11 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Sorry I think you are totally incorrect. If it did your water for your drinks would be terrible. The water at the bar is excellent.

I most disagree. I drank from my cabin spigot every day, and suffered no ill effects. In fact, the water I got from our bathroom spigots actually tasted better than the water we get out of our kitchen tap here in Arlington, Tx. Any questions ? I'll be happy to answer..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joe817 said:

I most disagree. I drank from my cabin spigot every day, and suffered no ill effects. In fact, the water I got from our bathroom spigots actually tasted better than the water we get out of our kitchen tap here in Arlington, Tx. Any questions ? I'll be happy to answer..

The water in your room is good water. The bar water is better. That is all.

I'm not a fussy water drinker- whatever comes from the tap most places is just fine with me... but I don't like the tap water onboard the ships- I find it has a funky taste. Just me... I find it true of the water in our cabin, on the Lido and even the stuff they serve you in the MDR.

I buy the 12 pack of water from the Fun Shops and have it delivered to my room... I use that throughout the cruise and if I need more, I just buy another 12-pack onboard (it's the same price).

3 minutes ago, SeaScout said:

The water is the same.  The plumbing from the source to tap is not. 

I've been on ships where the water from the cabin's bathroom tap was absolutely red with rust. (whirlpool tub in the aft suite was unusable).  Water from the tap on Lido deck was fine.  Water in the aft self serve laundry  ruined white clothes.   Guest services said it was due to lower water level in that holding tank picking up sediment. 

You may be correct unless at the source for making the ice, lido water and bar water may certainly have a filter at that source. I do not know for sure. Just tastes fine. What I do know is that the melted ice water is excellent no nasty tastes. Neither is the bar water or the water at the buffet. That is my opinion and mine only. I can certainly taste something I do not like in the sink water in the room. We do not drink it only because of the taste. I am sure it is fine to drink. 

51 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

The water in your room is good water. The bar water is better. That is all.

Wasn’t true on the Splendor Mojito Bar (now Alchemy)...it had a horrible taste to it. I even had a friend try it, to make sure it wasn’t just my taste buds. 
I am ok with ship water that is cold. I just can’t do lukewarm.

On 12/30/2019 at 12:44 PM, sanmarcosman said:

First I've heard of that, but it makes sense. On the Magic I had a theory, that they turned down water pressure of those spigots to discourage anything other than the small carnival cups. If you tried to fill a 32 oz bottle, it would probably take 2+ minutes. (At least it felt that way, as the line behind you began to grow.)

I generally only filled the ice up at those stations and then did the water from the regular spigots in the bathroom with good water pressure.