Binoculars on Pursuit?

treasurer

We are going to Anarctica in a few days and wonder if binocuoars are provided in the staterooms on Pursuit.  We have been on a few ships that provide them but haven't been on Pursuit before.  We have a pair to bring that are great quality, but old and heavy.  We just thought of this so don't have time to shop for new smaller bioculars.  Does anyone remember binoculars on Pursuit?  Thanks

Thanks a lot.  Guess we'll bring the old heavy ones -- may have to leave some shoes home.  (haha )  We have a great light weight clock/white noise machine that projects the time in soft red print on the ceiing.  Found it on Amazon.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/1/2020 at 1:29 PM, uktog said:

No they are not provided, nor is a clock in your room (in case that impacts on your packing)

Hi uktog, just checking, is it still true that Azamara is no longer providing binoculars in staterooms on any of the ships?  Thanks. 

58 minutes ago, JWayne60 said:

Hi uktog, just checking, is it still true that Azamara is no longer providing binoculars in staterooms on any of the ships?  Thanks. 

None on Pursuit in 2019, don’t recall any post covid on Quest. They weren’t very good anyway

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JWayne60 said:

53 minutes ago, uktog said:

None on Pursuit in 2019, don’t recall any post covid on Quest. They weren’t very good anyway

If you're planning to use them from the ship (or on the move in any way), you want stabilized binoculars. 

I was amazed when I upgraded from a highly rated compact set to the [admittedly large and heavy] Fujinon Techno-Stabi.  It took me from 'oh, there's a bird' to 'oh, that's Molly – see the scar on her beak?'

[full disclosure: made up example.  I know nothing about birding.  But if I did, it would be true.]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

If you're planning to use them from the ship (or on the move in any way), you want stabilized binoculars. 

I was amazed when I upgraded from a highly rated compact set to the [admittedly large and heavy] Fujinon Techno-Stabi.  It took me from 'oh, there's a bird' to 'oh, that's Molly – see the scar on her beak?'

[full disclosure: made up example.  I know nothing about birding.  But if I did, it would be true.]

🤣🤣 Thanks all, for the advice, and the chuckle!