Condensed/Expanded button doesn't work

Howdy! emo22.gif

First of all, please make sure View Signatures? is enabled on your Cruise Critic account. 

Click your User Name on the right close to the Notifications bell and over the Search bubble. Click Account Settings in the dropdown list. Click Signature on the left of the next screen. Make sure View Signatures? on the next screen has the green checkmark. I think on a phone, you go to Account, Account Settings, and then tap on the Settings Area dropdown list to reveal Signature as one of the choices.

The type of device used makes a big difference on Cruise Critic since the October 2018 software conversion to Invision from vBulletin. Using PC, laptop, tablet, iPad, iPhone, Android, etc. will work in different ways now. Some things can be seen... other things...  not so much.

Hopefully other members that have waaaay more technical savvy than I will chime in on this thread for you. All I have is a dumb flip phone and a laptop.  emo3.gif 

Host Kat emo32.gif

11 hours ago, Host Kat said:

Howdy! emo22.gifFirst of all, please make sure View Signatures? is enabled on your Cruise Critic account. 

I have View Signatures turned off.  The Condensed/Expanded buttons have worked fine since the big upgrade...they stopped working a few days ago.  

I toggled View Signatures on, it didn't help.  

Next I'm going to log off of Cruise Critic and back on, delete cookies...the standard stuff.  Maybe that'll help?  I'll report back.

46 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

I don't even see the button except on Host Kat's signature.  And when clicked, it disappears.  EM

I never saw condense; I only saw expand. Once you expand a signature, you can't condense it again, at least that was always my experience. (Of course this is only on my desktop; on my phone I can't see signatures at all.)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gnome12 said:

I never saw condense; I only saw expand. Once you expand a signature, you can't condense it again, at least that was always my experience. (Of course this is only on my desktop; on my phone I can't see signatures at all.)

Same here. Can someone post a screen grab showing a "condense" button please.

3 hours ago, broberts said:

There is no condense button.  But you can change the expanded signature back to collapsed.  Sadly, I did it once several months ago, but I don't remember how.....

EDIT:   OK, a little sleuthing and I found a post I made last February regarding how to put signatures back on that you've ignored:

Click on the down arrow next to your username in the upper right.  Click on "Ignored Users".  You should see a list of all those who've you blocked (ignored) their signatures.  Unclick each one you want to restore.

Edited by Shmoo here

36 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

There is no condense button.  But you can change the expanded signature back to collapsed.  Sadly, I did it once several months ago, but I don't remember how.....

For me, I just click Refresh on the page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, broberts said:

See below.  I see Condensed/Expanded on my Activity Stream pages, on the upper right side.

One pic shows the page set to Condensed.  One pic shows the page set to Expanded (exposes the first few lines of the post).

The buttons stopped working for a few days, but now they work normally again.

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 8.13.10 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 8.13.39 AM.jpg

1 hour ago, broberts said:

@Paul from Maryland, Thanks for the screen grabs. 😀 It appears that I misunderstood the context. I thought post signatures were being discussed.

Me too! Thanks Paul for the info! And I guess the same from the rest of us on this thread? 🤔

2 hours ago, broberts said:

@Paul from Maryland, Thanks for the screen grabs. 😀 It appears that I misunderstood the context. I thought post signatures were being discussed.

Perhaps my first post on this subject should have included something about this being a problem on Activity Streams.  I do all my reading here via Activity Streams.  I forgot that the regular forum pages don't use the condense/expand buttons.