Arriving 6am FLL - Where/What to do before cruise?

PrincessLucy

We arrive into the Fort Laud airport at 6am, too early to go the cruise port.  I was thinking it might be nice to have breakfast somewhere. 

Questions... are there any restaurants in the airport that we can get to from the arriving side?  Usually the restaurants are near the departure areas which once you get your luggage you can't get back to.  Or, are there any restaurants in cruise port area?  Or, any hotel that we can shuttle over to from the airport, eat and then taxi to port?  Or, do you have any suggestions?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  THANKS!

1 hour ago, BNBR said:

Depends on the terminal.  Check the facilities directory here:  https://www.broward.org/airport/Passengers/Pages/terminals.aspx

You could also grab an Uber over to Lesters Diner or even Denny's.  I like O-B House as well.

I agree with the suggestion of Lester's Diner. We have seen many there with luggage.

• Like 1

I would book a cheaper room for the night you fly and let the hotel know you will not check in until about 7:00 - grab breakfast, a shower, a nap and maybe a dip in the pool.  Check out about noon and head to the port rested and ready - instead of exhausted (I can never sleep on red eye flights).  Roadway Inn is a budget motel popular with cruisers and has a free airport shuttle.

The Original Pancake House on Federal Hwy!!  It’s not near the port but it’s a great local breakfast spot.   From the airport it’s probably 20 mins in an Uber. Probably be a hassle with luggage, but Yummy. 

Any of the big hotels can check your bags while you enjoy their restaurant.   

• 4 weeks later...

Grampas Restaurant on Federal Highway in Dania Beach has great breakfasts. It’s located five minutes south of Hollywood/ Fort Lauderdale International  Airport. It has regular breakfast items and a bakery. The restaurant was featured years ago on Guy Fieri’s Dinners, Dive In’s and Dives.