Is the dress code for Club Orange any more casual than MDR?

Sun&Sand52

Booking a sailing on the Nieuw Statendam and was **thinking** about trying Club Orange as it will be a more relaxed dining experience and less formal than the MDR.  I thought the specialty dining rooms (Tamarind & Canneletto, not sure about PG) were more casual dress than the MDR and am assuming that Club Orange follows that rule. But not sure.  Hope someone here might know the answer.

My understanding is that all specialty restaurants follow the dress code for the MDR for that evening.  Don't know why Club Orange would be different.  I haven't read where it's more casual.

Club Orange follows same dress code as MDR.  Dined there on my 14 day B2B on Nieuw Statendam.  ( Hate the chairs in the CO. )

On all ships except Nieuw Statendam and Koningsdam CO is IN the MDR- just sectioned off. 

Thanks Gigi, that’s what I thought, that it was the same, just wanted to make sure.  On Celebrity, the specialty restaurants are more casual than the MDR, from what I remember.  So I was wondering if CO was like that. More casual than MDR.

From the photos I have seen, those chairs do look like back killers! Why in the world would they put those wooden barrel like chairs in CO is a mystery.  A nice upholstered chair would have been better for all the aching backs that are on the ship! JMHO 😊

Edited by margar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, margar said:

Booking a sailing on the Nieuw Statendam and was **thinking** about trying Club Orange as it will be a more relaxed dining experience and less formal than the MDR.  I thought the specialty dining rooms (Tamarind & Canneletto, not sure about PG) were more casual dress than the MDR and am assuming that Club Orange follows that rule. But not sure.  Hope someone here might know the answer.

The dining room is more casual than a few years ago.   I would consider the MDR smart casual except on “gala” nights...and that is not formal anymore.   Only the Lido is truly casual. 

Due to the "relaxed" dress code on HAL nowadays, I wonder how much more it can get??  Even Gala nights seem to be less dressy every cruise we take, I assume as word gets around.

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Himself said:

I have belonged to Club Orange on the Nieuw Statendam.  The evening Dress Code is the same as in the Main Dining Room.

Just curious...... What were your impressions of Club Orange on your sailing on the NS? If you were not in a suite and had to pay the uncharge for this restaurant, do you think it is worth the money?