Corner Family Cabin - M Class

Slakes

I believe it was Mar 29 cruise where I had seen it before.  But now they are showing as FV and Sunset Suites are sold out.   I guess they are still messing with things.   If they don't do anything different in the renovation of the room than they did on the other M class ships then demanding 5x the price of a FV to call it a Sunset Suite is just plan greedy.  The suite perks are nice but...

9 minutes ago, sasset said:

Not sure how they are going to convert the FV's available as late as April 9 into Sunset Suites by the April 19 transatlantic.

Unless they are only going to change the furnishings, like getting rid of the fold outs in the living room, throw in a butler and call it a a suite. That would change it from a potential five capacity cabin to a two which woudn't effect the lifeboat issue that seemed to be part of the revolutionizing when cabins for three and four were reclassified as being for two - see Constellation Disappered thread..

We are booked in an FV for the October, 2020 tranatlantic on Constellation for two. I'm assuming that it will still be an FV and we won't be displaced. If it's reclassified as Sunset Suite for our booking would our reservation and price be honored?

25 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I agree.  I don't think they would need a dry dock to renovate these rooms either.  My issue is with the pricing.  Seems that somewhere between S1 and CS would  be more appropriate.  The layout doesn't lend itself to a real upper level suite with a real separate bedroom.

The bathrooms will not likely meet suite standards as well.  Although they will upgrade the furnishings, it would appear that the bathrooms will stay the same size (for M and S class Sunset Suites) and no bathtub.  Also for S class, a suite that size should have master bedroom access to the bathroom.

5 minutes ago, sasset said:

We are booked in an FV for the October, 2020 tranatlantic on Constellation for two. I'm assuming that it will still be an FV and we won't be displaced. If it's reclassified as Sunset Suite for our booking would our reservation and price be honored?

They have already moved pax to other cabins after the revolution on other ships, so they may do the same if the cabins are reclassified as suites and offer some extra OBC as an incentive to move - but who knows.

4 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

appear that the bathrooms will stay the same size (for M and S class Sunset Suites) and no bathtub

I wonder if they will install a better shower (like in the Reflection Suites) instead to compensate for the lack of a tub? Presume that would be easier to do with the pipe work already being in situ.

16 minutes ago, villauk said:

I wonder if they will install a better shower (like in the Reflection Suites) instead to compensate for the lack of a tub? Presume that would be easier to do with the pipe work already being in situ.

Hopefully.  It is just that there are some structural/layout aspects that will leave the Sunset Suites lacking.

Also, I feel sorry for the butler that has to cover the S class Sunset Suites.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, villauk said:

They have already moved pax to other cabins after the revolution on other ships, so they may do the same if the cabins are reclassified as suites and offer some extra OBC as an incentive to move - but who knows.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, but it seemed to have a lot to do with cabin capacity. I saw the Celebrity web shot you posted, but they went through some real issues after accepting all the bookings on Constellation then having to move people. Now they are still selling FV's right up until April 2021. You'd think they wouldn't want to go that all over again. Maybe they're only suite-ing the FV corners, but they are still available for booking as FV's. Guess I will find out hopefully soon.

Edited by sasset
spelling

• 2 weeks later...

Acckk!!  This is the first I'm hearing about them turning the FV's into Sunset Suites. 

What a shame, we love those cabins especially the corner FV.
Anyone know when they'll convert those on the Summit?  We'll be in a corner FV in April.
With their suite prices these days being so high this could be our last time enjoying that corner FV.
I refuse to pay $8,000 or more for a 7 day cruise just to be in the same cabin, different name with a few more perks.
I mean Luminae is great and Michaels and all is nice but I could have 4 cruises in that same cabin for the price of 1 suite. 
What a shame. 😞

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The info on the new Sunset Suites say on the Infinity, Constellation and Silhouette.

So at least for now they wont be redoing the Summit or Millie which were both recently revolutionized.

The info may not include Solstice, but she is slated to get the Sunset Suites during her makeover next year.

Edited by mahdnc