Another Cagney's Thread

Newleno

So do you think that they are buying different filets for Cagney's vs. Onda,Le Bistro or the Haven?

I'm not sure why people say the filet is so much better in Onda or one of the others.

I could see the filet being different in the main dining room, but do you think they order different

qualities for each of the specialty restaurants?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Love my butler said:

If you were lucky enough to enjoy Cagney's 15 years ago.  10 years ago.  Even 5 years ago,  you can definitely see the differences.  Seems everything is being cut.  The food, the service, the menus.  Only thing not being cut are the prices.  They are beyond ridiculous now.  I guess newer cruisers won't notice or care.

For your convenience of course..

Wonder if this is because of use of the Specialty Dining Package - - -

No money or on board account charge - simply a free meal as part of a package deal - - -

NCL Oh they are having the SDP meal - so nothing fancy no extras.

And with new cruisers not having had a past history of great food and service to compare - what is there to compare !

And the signature line from FDR - For your convenience of course !

Yes I know FDR is not the middle man responsible for these issues but somehow I get the feeling Let them eat Cake !

The service at NCL is suffering - cost cutting - change of CEO executive personnel - attention to details - I wonder ???

1 hour ago, benzygirl said:

So do you think that they are buying different filets for Cagney's vs. Onda,Le Bistro or the Haven?

I'm not sure why people say the filet is so much better in Onda or one of the others.

I could see the filet being different in the main dining room, but do you think they order different

qualities for each of the specialty restaurants?

yes

20 hours ago, atanac said:

Remember ... You can send it back but then you have to wait while others may be enjoying their meal ...

Sure, while we wait another 30 minutes or 1 hour to get it cooked right ?  Our 3 course dining at Cageny's was the complimentary one ... "lobster" bisque, the porterhouse and the dessert took 2+ hours, stretching that to 3 hours ? 

Other guests around us - waited just as long.  Tables that're empty gone not cleaned & prep'd for 20 to 30 minutes, for everyone's inconvenience - until they got someone to run up - in different uniform - to help take away the plates, cups & silverware, etc.  Meanwhile, all the waiters were standing in front of the opeun kitchen's heat lamp counter ... 

IMG_20191214_212202306.jpg

IMG_20191214_204508453.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

without any comments from me before the dinner, my cruise mates agreed it was the least good out of teppanyaki and Q. the filet at cagneys just didnt 'cut right' . i dont know how else to say it. wasnt as tender as teppanyaki, which was the best! id do that place 2x instead of cagneys next time. i even asked the chef if they used the same and she said she didnt know. 

Could be coincidence but I’m leaning towards a theory of better food on more lucrative sailings.  Our last two week med October, 2019 on the Jade sold really well.  Full suites all went at full price.  Our Haven suite was 3x’s as much per night as our upcoming Joy Haven suite.  I was prepared for mediocre specialty dinners and poor quality cuts of meat. We were served actual jumbo shrimp at Cagney’s lunch,  filet mignon that I could cut with a fork and nice large lobsters for cagneys dinners.  the only bad cut of meat I had in two weeks  was the steak special in La Cucina.  I returned a subsequent evening and my meal was fantastic. I gave up on mdr food a couple sailings ago.  Since we typically take longer sailings I purchase oop additional package. I’m by no means a cheerleader and have been a past critic of Ncl’s food quality cutbacks, but I was blown away by the excellent food and dining service our last sailing on the Jade, especially at Cagneys. My take away is they can and do make sure food is really good on the sailings they’re making a killing on.  

• Like 1