Oceania Newbie live from Nautica

sailco

Impressions of our Concierge cabin.

It's the same size and configuration as many we have sailed in before but has a lot more storage. The dark timber is in keeping with the Oceania image but is a bit gloomy really especially with the old fashioned mustard carpet. The blue door into the corridor is a nice touch.

Yes, the bathroom is tiny and you need to sit sideways on the toilet and bang your elbows on the shower walls, but it has a lot more storage options than we've had on other cruise lines. The towels are plentiful and all appear brand new. At the moment they feel a bit like sandpaper but they'll soften in time I'm sure. The amenities are Bulgari, a mix of green and blue.

The bed is comfortable and we slept very well last night. The mattress also appears to be new with a deep topper that feels like rubber making the bed a bit spongy but as I say, we slept very well. The bed linen also appears to be new and looks and feels fresh, clean and inviting.

There's ample storage and heaps of coat hangers. I always have to ask for more on other cruise lines. The two seater lounge is very low as is the stool provided. My husband found that difficult and asked if there was a chair. Our wonderful room steward provided a chair with arms within minutes.

The balcony chairs also appear to be new. Not the table which is wobbly and unstable. And the decking is that new plastic timber which makes it look fresh and clean. For those who don't know this size of ship, the balconies are those little enclosed alcoves. Very private and snug.

The safe is small but easy to operate. The TV has the menu for the GDR and there's a selection of DVDs to choose from. There are plenty of electrical outlets but no USB ports.

We like the Room Service system where you phone, your call is logged and someone calls you back to take your order within minutes. 

It seems the Nautica has recently undergone a few upgrades and we're very happy with our cabin. If I've forgotten anything please ask.

Edit: in case anyone missed it in my opening post, there's a wonderful bedside clock. Never had one of those before. We usually tra el with our own which we've left in the suitcase this time.

Edited by sailco
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ORV said:

The Nautica has yet to go through the NEXT refurbishment which the other R ships have. It's scheduled sometime in 2020. 

Looks like they may gave started with beds and linen. It's an easy update without the structural changes involved in a full refurbishment.

56 minutes ago, sailco said:

Looks like they may gave started with beds and linen. It's an easy update without the structural changes involved in a full refurbishment.

Since  you say this is your first cruise on O  how do you know  they are  new?

Sounds like what they always have

any photos ??