Onboard booking disconnect with Miami continues

AllisonJames

Sigh.  Anyone have success keeping their onboard booking benefits when rebooking an existing reservation?  I specifically inquired about this onboard and was told I could rebook once and keep the benefits.  But, shocker, my travel agent has been told no, can't keep them if I rebook.  Curious if anyone has had a different outcome?  Was thinking of moving on from AZ and I guess this seals that deal on that.

Hi AllisonJames,

It is hard to say given all the possible variables...did you book a specific cruise or have an 'open booking' onboard?

Are you within final payment for the existing reservation? 

I am not the decision maker on these cases, but I suggest it might be worth your while to call our Customer Service yourself and explain the situation. Or write to our LCV Ambassador, Sandra: lcvambassador@leclubvoyage.com

We like to keep our booked guests happy!

https://www.azamara.com/int/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-program/onboard-benefits

1 hour ago, AllisonJames said:

Sigh.  Anyone have success keeping their onboard booking benefits when rebooking an existing reservation?  I specifically inquired about this onboard and was told I could rebook once and keep the benefits.  But, shocker, my travel agent has been told no, can't keep them if I rebook.  Curious if anyone has had a different outcome?  Was thinking of moving on from AZ and I guess this seals that deal on that.

This is the same thing we were told on Pursuit in October.  We were told it was better to make a booking and transfer it to another cruise rather than buy an open booking.

Bonnie and Hiccups -- thanks for your response.  Yes, it was an actual booking that we were not 100% sure we would be able to do but were advised we could rebook, avoid the cancellation fee and keep all the onboard benefits.  Unfortunately, my travel agent is often told things by Miami that are not the same as we were told onboard.  This is just one more reason we will not book onboard ever again (if we even take another AZ cruise).  Between all the misinformation and the fact that usually there are better prices by waiting a while (as is the case for this booking) it's just not worth it.  At this point, if we still intended to go on the cruise we booked we'd eat the $150 cancellation fee (we are still a few weeks away from the 4-month cancellation penalty timeframe) and could rebook right now at a much lower cost.  And the prices will probably be dropped again inside of 4 months anyway.

Are you completely changing the cruise originally booked? Below is the paperwork we were given on board. Were you given this with your booking on board?

In the last month I took advantage of the Best Price Guarantee on an cruise booked on board in October to save £1700. I kept the quarterly LCV 10%, also the book onboard  discount for Discover and the OBC and the B2B OBC which was applicable but lost the promotion  ‘More on Board’ which was in place at time of booking ,which was $600 OBC and internet for one device . I felt it was worth doing as I was overloaded with OBC.

C4A86F6B-56BC-404D-905F-42FC45E02ECA.png

We booked a October cruise onboard in Norway. We got a certificate that clearly said we  got one chance to rebook and keep our onboard booking benefits. Did you get such a certificate?

We have just got a £900 reduction because our October cruise is in the current sale and we kept our OBC. We did have to pay another £250 deposit. Just had a look and the Azamara.com site does say that you can change your booking and keep the onboard booking benefits https://www.azamara.com/le-club-voyage/terms-conditions

I’d ask your travel agent to ask to escalate this to someone else at Miami as I suspect the person they spoke to has got it wrong.

If all else fails, if you can save a lot, then just cancel and rebook. We did that last year and still saved a lot of money.

4 hours ago, AllisonJames said:

Thank you everyone.  This cruise was booked in August 2018 and we did not receive  those handouts.  And yes, we can’t go on this one and wanted to change to another in 2021.

You would not receive the handout posted or the exact terms grandma got - they are the UK terms.  I am not sure if there is an equivalent US document. 

27 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

The link I posted is to the US site with the US terms & conditions 

Here’s a screen grab of them. Note the web address.

2A05E480-78FC-41C0-B53C-0095E37CDB4B.png

Interesting as our US bookings made onboard last year appear have different terms, it’s probably time sensitive.